Chapter Nine (Jameson)

The ding to the top floor was probably the most scared I'd ever felt. It was happening. It was time to face the music with the man who forced me to suck his cock, regardless of if it tasted good. That has nothing to do with it. Th-this was sexual harassment, but I couldn't do anything about it. I could sue, but it's not the money that I need, I just need a job so I can get my inheritance back.

The doors opened and the familiar lavender walls stared back at me, daring me to take the next step into what would be an unpredictable day for me. One more breath and I made it off the elevator. The doors closed behind me, and I continued on my path. It felt like I was walking into the lion's den, just asking to be killed at any moment.

To say I was scared was an understatement. Seeing him sitting there, behind his glass desk. He looked intimidating. I reluctantly walked over to the glass desk outside of his office.

The second I put my bag down, I heard, "Jameson. Please come into my office. Now." I let out a breath. I turned and faced my current nightmare in progress.

Shawn sat there, looking smug and up to no good, taking a page from Harry Potter. He looked relaxed, his smile shining brighter than I'd seen it since meeting him on that horrible day.

I pushed in the door and met resistance. It was a pull... My face flamed with the realization and Shawn's laughing could probably be heard from a million miles away. I pulled the door, opening it and entering the wide open office. The decor, now that I can actually look around, was very tasteful. It wasn't too flashy, but it did have different colors to accent the grey walls.

In taking everything in, I was stopped in place. "Like what you see?" I most certainly did not. I looked to the voice and moved over to him, sitting in the grey chair in front of the desk.

The chair groaned as I sat down and I looked at Shawn. He looked intimidating to me, his face looking handsome, but his eyes looking as mischievous as possible. I was scared! I didn't know what he was going to do. My body was shivering, the thought of him doing anything to me that I wouldn't normally do was terrifying.

The bright lights of the room illuminated his face as his innocent smile became sinister, looking like "It" the clown.

"I have a surprise for you." His voice, although sweet like honey, was like nails on a chalkboard for me. I wanted nothing more than to escape this madness the man in front of me was inflicting on me. Why did my parents have to do this to me?

"Okay." My voice, usually loud, was not small and quiet. It was a tone I'd never heard from myself before. This entire situation was foreign to me. I'd never had to deal with these things before. A straight guy doesn't think about these things.

"It's yes, sir." His voice got firm and direct. I stiffened up, my back becoming a board. Why was I reacting like this? Just because he's now my "boss", he shouldn't have this type of control on me, but here I was obeying like a lost puppy.

"Yes...sir." His smile was immediate, almost condescending.

"Good." I resent him. All of this so far was so stupid, and I didn't want to do this. I resented the fact that he's trying to train me like a child. "Now, it's time for your surprise."

He opened a drawer in his desk, pulling out a dress bag. Every movement that he made was nerve wracking. I wanted nothing more than to act like the roadrunner and book it. Every single breath I was taking sent the messages to my brain that I needed to take the next flight home and beg my parents to give me my inheritance.

His long and slender hand gracefully moved towards the top of the bag and pinched the zipper.

"I quit!" slipped out of my mouth, without my intention. I had no idea where it came from, but I had to take it back. My life depended on it.

I looked at his face, he had a shocked expression on his face. He just as surprised as I felt.

"I'm sorry to hear that." His voice suddenly turned solemn, like he was very disappointed. Now I was curious about what he had in the bag, and what my fate would have been.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I need this job. I don't know what came over me." He looked at me wearily, his eyebrows scrunching together in concentration.

"Oooookaaaaayyy." He went back to opening the bag, and just as badly I wanted to escape whatever torture I was about to endure, I also wanted to know what it was I was going to be tortured with.

The bag dropped to the floor, and it was being held by the hanger. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped so far to the ground I swore that I could feel the receptionist's desk on the first floor.

A freaking bunny suit?!?!?! Of all things, a bunny suit was what he had for me? It was pink to boot. As if being a bunny wasn't enough, I had to be a pink bunny--the color I hate the most! This truly was torture. It was as if he had ready my entire life's biography and applied every single thing that I hated into my life.

"No." I said. Flat out. I'm. Not. Doing. This. No way could he embarrass me like this. I refuse to allow for this to happen to me. This was humiliating.

Life was cruel, and karma, I now believe, is real. If meeting this guy through sketchy circumstances wasn't enough, or working for him wasn't enough, he has to put me into this ridiculous suit and parade me around like an obedient dog.

"Okay then. Leave your employee badge on my desk and say goodbye to your inheritance."

"How did you know about that?" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, didn't I mention? I know your parents."

My heart beat against my chest. What?!?!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Author's Note:

I'm loving all the feedback I'm getting from everyone. Please keep them coming. If there is anything you would like to happen...I'll see if Jameson agrees to it (he's stubborn). 

Please remember to vote, comment, and follow my profile!

Love, 

Stephen Than

Instagram: the_purple_queen_writes