Chapter Twenty-Four (Jameson)

The handcuffs around my wrists were cutting into my skin, they were so tight. I had a blindfold over my eyes. Everything was pitch black to me. My voice echoed the room, letting me know that it was a large room or space where I was. My hands felt the floor underneath me. It was cold and clammy. My breaths echoed around me, it was almost soothing to me, lulling me to sleep with its steady pace.

"What did that guy say that he wanted us to do with him?" One of my kidnappers said. His voice was gruff, like a dog that had been howling all night and still hadn't given up trying to talk to the moon. He did exhibit dog-like behaviors. He follows orders, he keeps up with the other grunt, and also loves to get the other guy stuff he commands of him. It was quite comical.

The temperature in this place felt like it was below zero and for my small frame I felt like I was in a freezer. It was near unbearable. All I had on was a tee-shirt and shorts.

"The guy just said to keep him here until he got here," said the second guy, the one in charge. His voice was like smooth and thick like honey. It had a certain sweet flavor to it, but just smokey enough to make it masculine. The way he spoke made him sound like he was one person you didn't want to mess with.

"And arrived, I have. Thank you, gentlemen, for keeping him company, and now you may go. The money for your troubles is over by the exit in the briefcases. Feel free to check it if you'd like." The sound of two sets of footsteps echoed down around me, and I couldn't discern where the sound was originating from or how big the room was.

The blindfold was pulled off my head, and I had to keep my eyes closed to adjust to the light that was now shining in my eyes. Slowly shapes and shadows became visible to my newly light-adjusted eyes, and there he was standing before me, my kidnapper.

It was Simon Rockwell, the guy that was harassing Shawn when I was in the bunny suit. Even from here with my eyes not in the best condition, I could see his horrendous face. He looked like someone took a piece of paper, crumpled it up, and threw it away.

"You know, I never understood his fascination with you. For the last few months, he's been staring at you as you walk by, kisses you out of nowhere, and even follows you for fun. I don't understand it. How could someone like you, stupid and simple jock, catch the attention of a man like Shawn, when I am there, throwing myself at him. I am far superior." Now, even the sound of his voice was ridiculous. I wanted nothing more than to plug my ears to stop the ringing of his super high pitched voice.

"I have the looks." He was actually delusional. "I have the smarts." If you were smart you wouldn't have let me know that it was you that kidnapped me. "And he should be mine! If it weren't for you popping out of nowhere, I would have him as my husband by now! Now, I will do away with you, and he will be mine."

As he kept moving his trap, my hands were slowly, but surely, slipping from the restraints of the handcuffs. Thank God my parents had me go through escape training for situations like this. My parents were always worried that because they were rich that I would be kidnapped for ransom, and now it was coming in handy. I'll have to thank my mother for that. As neurotic as she was, she really did want the best for me.

He kept rambling on and on about how amazing he was and how horrible he thought I was, but all the while my hands slipped from the restraints, and held onto them so they don't clank on the floor. I gently put them down, acting like I was still in the handcuffs.

He continued pacing back and forth, he's great, I'm not, blah, blah, blah. I kept watching him until I finally saw an opening. I jumped up from where I was sitting. He had a shocked look on his face before the pain hit him. My knee connected with his groin. I didn't feel too much going on there, and I knew that Shawn wouldn't like that to be the equipment he has to work with.

I stood over Simon, him in fetal position and tears streaming steadily from his eyes, feeling accomplished.

A full second later, the sound of an explosion sounded and echoed around the warehouse. I looked to the source of the sound, and saw a man who reminded me of Dwane "the Rock" Johnson.

"Are you Jameson? He asked. I nodded. "Well, hop on. Shawn sent me." I shrugged. Couldn't get any worse than being kidnapped, so I got onto his motorcycle and it purred to life.
Damn, my life got crazy, and all because of one Tinder date.

The End....

(Until the Epilogue)