Happy Birthday, Doll

It's only been a couple of hours since your diary entry, but you still couldn't move. You were an absolute wreck, but who wouldn't be. You had lost everything.

     You decided to actually do something with your day, it was your birthday after all. So you got up, turned the news on,and continued to the kitchen to make some food.

     You were happily making some bacon and toast, when you heard it. Your favorite noise in the world. A noise that stroke fear into others. A noise you would never forget. A noise you thought you would never hear again.

His laugh.

     You snapped your head towards the t.v. And sure enough there was his picture on the screen.

      "It has been 58 years, since the arrest of Jerome Valeska," the reporter said," and after 58 years, Jerome has finally decided to speak about everything that he has done."

     Oh my god. You couldn't believe it. You were gonna be able to see him and hear him again. It's been way too long you finally decided. Way too long.

     "Jerome is now 77 years old and is being held at Black Gate prison. He has made no attempts to escape in the last 46 years." The reporter said breaking you out of your thoughts. But he was right. After 12 years of trying to escape, he finally stopped.

     "We are now going to pass it over to Miss Vicki Vale." He said, switching the camera to the woman."Thanks Nick. Anyway, I am here with Mr.Valeska, who has fortunately, agreed to speak with us." She said smiling a huge fake smile. You should know, after having to learn to read Jerome through his smiles.

     "Well Jerome, let's get started." She said, "How are you today?" He just shrugged. He looked so different. His beautiful fire red, ginger hair, was now gray like smoke after a fire, he was still skinny, but he lost his muscles, almost looking weak, and he looked.... unreadable.

     "Okay. Well I'm Vicki Vale and I'm gonna be interviewing you today, okay." All she got was a nod. "Well let's start with the obvious. You killed people. Lots of them. Why?" Shrug. "For this to work Jerome, you're gonna have to talk." She said, "How many people have you killed?" He thought for a moment putting his finger on his chin. Shrug.

"Will you still kill, if given the chance?" Shrug.

"Are you gonna talk at all?" Shrug.

"Fine. Who was Y/N Y/L/N to you? Where is she now? Do you guys still talk? Are you a thing? Why is she out there, while you're in here?" Silence. No movement. Nothing.

     You couldn't believe she would actually go that hardcore on him. This is his first interview about all of this and this is how he is treated.

     "What?" He asked. There it was. His voice. It was a lot raspier with age, but it still sounded the same to you, like music.

     "Who is Y/N Y/L/N?" She asked again. She didn't realize how much she was hurting him, but you did and just wanted this to be over.

     "Y/N was my partner in everything. Crime, friendship, life in general. We don't talk anymore, and that's my fault. I got myself locked up in here, not her. And I don't know where she is, but I miss her. So much. And I hope she misses me too, but I hope even more that she fell in love, had children, and lived her life the way she wanted," You wanted it to be with him. "I didn't want her to forget me, but maybe to get better, to move on, she had to. And I'm okay with that. As long as she is happy," You're not. "I'm okay with anything she does. She deserves so much more than I, or anyone else, could give her, and I hope she got it. I have done so many bad things, but being with her, that might have been the only good choice." And then he smiled, not a smirk or his huge grin, a sincere smile, meant for you. "Oh, and before I forget!" He shouted, now acting like he always has."Y/N, I don't know if you are watching this but," he paused looking into the camera and smiling.

"Happy 76th birthday, doll."
-------------------------------------------------------

This one made me sad. But it gets happier! Soon. Very, very, very soon.

-Alice