The Ride

You were laying down while your father was in the kitchen drinking. You have been driving to Gotham for about 45 minutes now, and wouldn't stop for another 15. Your father had been drinking for about 20 minutes now, and will probably start hitting you soon.

     You couldn't wait till you and Jerome got to Gotham and got to stay. You were starting to go mad with having to deal with everyone. Jerome was the only other person in the circus you actually liked. Lila is a nagging whore, your father is an abusive dickhead, Mr. Cicero is a total douchebag, and Haly is a good-for-nothing waste of space. You just wanted to be in Gotham already.

You were still thinking about Gotham, when your father stormed into your room, drunk. He walked up to you, grabbed you by the arms, and yanked you up to eye level. "I can't wait till the day I finally kill you. You're lucky I just don't want to go to jail." He hissed in your face. You rolled you eyes at him and scoffed. "Wow. Big shocker there. Poor Y/F/ N Y/L/N. So caught up in himself and the disappearance of his little fuck buddy Jared, that he can't even stop and think of something else to say to try and ruin his own daughter." You mocked, making your dad very angry. "What-a-ya gonna do dad? Punch me? Kick me? Call me worthless?" You pretended to yawn. "Been there, done that. Doesn't even faze me anymore." He grabbed you by your hair, holding you up by it. "But this will." And then he bashed your head into the ground. Your vision turned blurry and your ears began to ring. You looked around, trying to focus, before he did it again. This time a pain like no other shot through your head. He picked you up, and threw you to the kitchen.

"Come on, Y/N. Not so big and bad now are ya?" He walked up to you and kicked you in the ribs, causing you to jerk into the fetus position. You looked up and saw your fathers mouth moving, but heard nothing but ringing. He kept kicking you, until he knelt down and started to punch you. You were on the verge of passing out, when the trailer stopped. You guys were at your first stop. "You got lucky." He spit onto you, and walked out of the van, and you blacked out.

Jerome's POV

Jerome walked out of his trailer, and instantly started looking for you. Right before the trailers stopped, him and his mom had gotten in a fight. She only slapped him, but he knew when he got back on, she would do much worse.

Jerome didn't see you, so he started walking around. He was walking in between trailers, until he saw your dad walk out of yours. He had blood on his hands and he looked angry. Oh no.

Jerome has always just wanted to take care of you. He didn't want anything to happen to you. He's loved you, like he never thought he could. You were all he ever thought about. You were the only thing that made him know that his heart wasn't completely black. He needed you, or he might just die.

He ran inside your trailer and saw you, unconscious, on the floor. He ran up to you and made sure you were breathing. You were still alive, but your dad had gotten you good. Jerome started freaking out when you wouldn't wake up. He couldn't poor water on you or it would get all over the van, and your dad would get mad again.

He was already doing bad, but then the voices came in. They had been gone for so long, and he didn't know what to do.

You couldn't even protect her. Your mom is right, you are worthless. You don't deserve Y/N. She's a beautiful, smart, and strong woman. Look at you. You're just another psycho in this game of Life.

Jerome shook his head. The voices stopped coming when Y/N left the prison. He wanted to try and get better for her, to do anything he can to help him get better. He used to be able to control them. To talk to them like they were real people. He didn't do it in front of you, cause he knew he was already loony enough for you, what would happen if you found out he heard voices, too? You would freak.

Jerome kept shaking and shaking and shaking Y/N, but she was out cold. He finally decided that he had to take care of her. So he wrote Y/F/N a note, picked you up bridal style, and took you to his trailer.