5

Luke's POV

When I wake up I have moved a little to the right. It is pitch black in the room except the moon light that peaks through the blinds. I stretch and I walk out of the house lighting up a cigarette. I don't have to go back to my foster home yet. My foster parents know to give me space and I'll be fine. I'll talk to them when I want to about what I want to and I can't be forced to do anything. They trust me not to do anything illegal. Well except the cigarettes. That was a habit before I was even with them though.

I choose to hit up my favorite all night music store but as I am walking there I see Jazmyn sitting on a bench with her sketch pad drawing. She moves her hair from her face and I smile. She's so beautiful. She's dating that Asian guy though. I decide that I can take a slight detour and I go to talk to her. I put out my cigarette and I walk in a nearby perfume shop and I spritz myself with something manly and not too strong.

"Oh my God!" She exclaims when she sees me standing beside her. "You are a stalker."

Ouch. Blow to the self esteem area. "I am not a stalker. We just happen to enjoy the same areas of Seattle at the same time." I argue. I glance down at her sketch pad and I see she is am drawing the vintage ice cream parlor. I smile.

"Why can't you enjoy them at a different time?" She whines fed up with our impromptu meetings.

I bite my lip moving my lip ring around. "Why can't you?" I snap back. my temper is building. You almost kill a person once.

I have to keep my temper down. I can't let that happen again. I won't. I calm down looking at her eyes. They are intriguing. My favorite color is no longer green it is bright blue like the color of her eye.

"Look, Ba--" I correct myself instantly. "Jazmyn, the only way this is going to work is if we learn to get along. You can't go around hating someone just because they screw up once." I tell her sitting beside her.

She tenses up automatically. Then she allows herself to relax. She doesn't respond for awhile.

"So... What do you say, Jazzy?" I ask emphasizing my new nickname for her.

"Jazmyn." She growls glaring at me.

Tough crowd. She begins sketching again and puts in one headphone and leaves the other one out.

I'm surprised when she speaks approximately four minutes and fifty seven seconds later to offer me the other earbud.

I accept it and I recognize the song immediately. It is Weightless by All Time Low. I sing along "Cos I'm stuck in this fucking rut, waiting on a second hand pick me up and I'm over getting older." Jazmyn looks up at me and she smiles. She actually smiles, it warms up a part in me that no one had touched in a long time and I manage to genuinely smile back.

"What?" I ask laughing.

"You actually sound decent." She compliments me and at the same time we both bite our lips and we laugh together. Her laugh is a beautiful sound like none other.

"Thanks.I'm Luke Hemmings." I properly introduce myself extending my hand.

"I'm Jazmyn Malik." She shakes my hand and we laugh in unison again.

We don't say much for the remainder of the night we just sit there and listen to music, her sketching and me watching her. The sun begins to peak up over the hills in the distance and I realize how long we have been here.

I am allowed space at the foster home but I have to be back before breakfast and dinner each day.

"What time is it?" I ask her my phone is almost dead and I need to save what life it has for an emergency situation should one break out.

"Six thirty four." She answers politely and I get up. I have time to make it to the house before breakfast at seven thirty but I will barely make it. It's a long walk even with my strong legs.

"I have to go. That was nice." I tell her.

"Yeah, it was." She smiles. It is one of those shy smiles that holds something more behind it, what it is holding I have no idea.

"See you soon." I called as I began to walk off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk in a few moments before 7:15 and I take off my shoes and go to my room and put my phone on the charger. I sit on my bed and I look at my guitar that sits in the corner of the room. I haven't played it since before the incident and it haunts me every time I have considered plucking out a few chords.

I pick up the book that I was reading last week The Hobbit and I read until I am called down for breakfast. My foster moms are sitting by each other eating pancakes and I grab a few from the plate on the counter and I put some butter and syrup on them.

Yes I said foster moms, they are a lesbian married couple and I am behind them 100%. I have always believed that love is love and you love who you love and you shouldn't be denied the right to express it fully.

"Thank you." My voice comes out much quieter than I meant it to but they don't seem to mind.

"You're welcome honey." Joanna says. Joanna is a petite blonde who works at the bank as a teller. She runs marathons almost every month rain or shine.

Kathryn is a tall red head with a very thick Irish accent who is a chef at a five star restaurant. She loves to read books and she has written a few cook books.

They are really good to me and I know I don't deserve them as my foster parents. They don't know my whole story, the reason why my family is gone. No one knows. I would like to keep it that way.