11

Luke's POV

That awkward moment when you have to sleep in a tent with the guy the girl you like is dating. Even more awkward about it is that I don't even know his last name much less anything about the guy. We pitch our tent not too far away from Zayn and Jazmyn's.

There was a lot of bickering about who would sleep in what tent. I had suggested that the boys all sleep in one tent and Zayn was quick to correct me and say there wasn't that much space. I don't like to be quick to judge people but Zayn was one of those quiet annoying artsy types. I didn't like him so far and I didn't feel bad because I knew the feeling was mutual.

Calum had wanted to sleep with Jazmyn and she didn't even get the chance to speak before Zayn made sure that was out of the question. Apparently I knew his sister better than he did. We had a night where she practically preached to me about how she would never do sex before marriage.

He was way too protective over her and I didn't like that about him. He wasn't her master, she had a mind of her own. I could tell that she didn't like it either.

Calum wasn't so bad though, we just didn't know each other that well. Oh and I had a growing thing for his girlfriend. Not that I would act on it, while they were together.

I didn't dare suggest Jazmyn and I sleep in the same tent, although it wasn't a half bad idea to me and it probably wouldn't be to her either, I knew it would immediately set off alarms in her brother and her boyfriend's heads. I didn't want that.

I had to deal with Calum for one night, I think I can do that. Who knows maybe I'll make a new friend out if him.

Yeah right. I shake my head laughing as my toes squish in the sand. I hear the tent behind me unzip and it's Jazmyn coming out in a hot pink bikini that compliments everything, and I do mean everything about her. But I am only looking at her eyes.

Calum comes out of our tent a few moments later in his swim trunks and I immediately feel self conscious. Don't get me wrong, I have a six pack but damn this dude is ripped. He could be a fucking Hollister model. Him and Jazmyn would make the perfect cover people.

Zayn laughs in my ear and shakes his head at me. "You've got it bad." he smirks.

I bite down on my lip ring to keep from turning around and punching him so fucking hard he won't wake up until the day after tomorrow.

I walk away down the beach a little bit, I need some space. I watch as Calum chases Jazmyn around she is squealing and giggling. When she erupts of laughter so much that she absolutely must stop running or she will fall Calum wraps his arms around her from behind and she cranes her neck to look him in the eye and as they kiss I feel like I am watching a movie. It's so perfect and beautiful. I feel guilty for wanting to be with her, she's so happy with Calum. I wish I could be happy.

Happy stopped the moment Ben slammed me to the ground.

I was able to pull off a two months of living on my own. I would forge my parents signatures, I'm pretty sure the teacher never actually saw my parents real signatures before. Then one day at school we were running the mile and I was almost done, I could see the white line of completion and it was not that far, then someone tripped me. I screamed out in pain and although it was really only a few seconds before my coach was over and he had everyone on the track stopped so I wouldn't get trampled it seemed like forever.

He immediately had to carry me to the nurse who called an ambulance and then she called my parents. She could either find out on her own and start asking questions or I could tell her and she could start asking questions.

"I don't have any parents." I say quietly as she tries for the third time to get someone on the phone.

"Of course you do Luke, they were just here for conferences." she looks confused.

"They left me." I state my voice betraying me.

"Why would they do that?" She asks me. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I'm a bad person." Tears were escaping from my eyes. It was really a combination of the physical temporary pain in my ankle, and the emotional torture, of forever of my family abandoning me.

"No you're not Luke, honey what happened?" She said comfortingly.

I almost wanted to tell her but I shook my head. No one would know why they left.

Three days later I was plucked from my home and put into the foster care system. Five homes and six years later, here I am.

Here I am.