12

Jazmyn's POV

I am so pissed at Zayn right now. I wish I had never invited him on this trip. He can't go one day without trying to have some control over me. I get that he is worried about me and that he is trying to be there for me because neither of our parents were ever there, but I want to sleep where I want to sleep. I want to be able to cuddle up to Calum and have him sing me to sleep. I don't want to be under the watch of my brother all night. Which is why, I won't be.

I'm going to do the usual and I'm going to sneak out, clear my head, listen to music and pray that I run into Luke. I know for sure that I won't run into Calum, whenever given the chance Calum sleeps. He could sleep forever. the last time I actually slept during the night was in seventh grade.

Then my dad left. I spent days scouring the city trying to find him, it was months before he emailed me with his phone number. I don't know why but I never called it. Every night in those months I spent crying. Every night in those months I spent binging.

Why did he leave? I would think. It's all my fault. I couldn't sleep, wouldn't eat.

Ninth grade was the first night I left the house. I wanted some air, the day had been even more stressful than usual. I needed to breathe.

Now as I step out of the tent in my shorts, t-shirt, and Seattle sweatshirt. I carry a blanket and a pillow with me. I don't plan on returning to the tent. Fuck Zayn.

I make my way down the beach and the waves crash against the shore. The moon is covered by a thin layer of clouds. I can see the stars above my head. I finally find a spot far away enough that I can't even see the camp we have set up and I sit down on the blanket and I blare my music in my ears.

I feel a tug at my headphone cord which scares me half to death.

"Can I sit?" Luke's Australian accent stands out.

I nod and we go through our usual motions I give him a headphone and we sit there listening to music, him quietly humming along. This time though I lay my head on his shoulder.

"They don't understand." I whisper my voice barely audible and Luke hugs be against his chest.

"You're really beautiful." he tells me and I smile. Sometimes I feel like telling Luke things. Things that even Calum doesn't know and hopefully he never will. I want to tell Luke so much. Every time I hold back, afraid of the consequences. Afraid of the what if's that haunt my mind.

Luke Hemmings is truly a work of art. Every masterpiece has a story, the more beautiful the masterpiece, the longer and harder the story. Luke Hemmings is one of the most beautiful human beings on the face of the earth.

I don't know at what point but eventually we turn off the music and we go to sleep. His arm is wrapped tightly around me and I'm cuddled to his chest. I look up at the stars, his heart beat is my song accompanied by the crashing waves and chirping birds as I drift to sleep.