Can I Have This Dance (1)

Can I Have This Dance?

Chapter 1

My name is Nicki Alab and I live in Arizona. My dad died when I was three and ten years later my mum remarried to my present step-dad Jake. I was an only child, but not anymore thankfully.

I have a step-sister called Clair, she's 18, has natural light brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, a model like figure, is 5'7 popular but a bitch. We've known each other for five years yet she hasn't grown to like me.

I also have a step-brother who is her twin brother. His name is Aaron, he's 18, quite muscular, has short black hair, chocolate brown eyes, a baby face, is about 5,9 and popular but because he's smart and athletic. He's the best (step-) brother any girl could ask for.

Then there's me, the ordinary looking girl. I'm 18, slim, have natural dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, ordinary clear skin and am 5'7. At school I have my usual group of friends both girls and boys who are all my best friends. I'm kind hearted, a tiny bit of a pushover but know the people not to associate with.

Well that's me and welcome to my life.

P.S. The senior prom is two months away and I can't wait!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up bad breath," Clair shouted from outside of my bedroom door.

She always acts angelic towards me when our parents are home, but when they leave she turns into Satan, well towards me anyway. I actually don't know why she dislikes me, actually she hates me. I try my hardest to kind and fit into the family, for my mother's sake but c'mon there's so much hate a person can take!

I lazily got up, took a shower before I put on blue skinny jeans, a black plain top, black plimsolls, brushed my hair, put it in a messy bun and grabbed my bag then ran downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Morning," I said to Aaron ignoring Clair 

"Morning," Aaron said back smiling happily 

"Erh, Aaron don't say morning to her, she stinks of wee; she pissed her bed I bet," Clair stated looking at me disgusted

"Says the girl that puts guys d***s in her mouth or have you forgotten what they use it for? Oh wait, I'm sure you've tasted it so you do know," I said matter of factly

She gasped and was about to retort when she had to leave since her escort to school beeped for her outside of the house. 

"Bye loser and Aaron," she said lamely

I grabbed a box of cereal and milk, put it into a bowl and dug in.  

"Well that went well," Aaron said putting his dish in the sink 

"Yeah, I guess it did," I said

That's why I loved Aaron because he knew how to lighten the mood, so that I wouldn't be depressed and angry for the remainder of the day. He was actually right, it did so well since normally we were in each others faces or even fighting physically until he pulled us apart.

"Lets go," he said throwing his heavy arm over my shoulder when I had finished my breakfast. 

"Ok," I said grabbing our car keys and my bag before we went into our separate cars and drove to school.

"Hiya," I shouted walking over to my friends 

"Hi Nicki," they shouted in unison before they went back to their individual conversations