Can I Have This Dance (17)

Can I Have This Dance?

Chapter 17

I woke up at 10o'clock in the morning, took a shower, ate and then hit the books, more like the drawings, to practice for my art exam tomorrow. I was quite a good drawer if I had to judge myself, so I should get a minimum of a B, but I'm trying to aim higher.

Two hours went by and I started to feel slightly peckish (hungry). I walked down the stairs, skimming the living room and walking past. WAIT A SECOND! I retraced my steps looking back at the living room and saw what I thought I hadn't. Alex and Clair making out.

I felt the strange tug on my heart, which I felt yesterday, again. Ignoring it I walked into the kitchen and decided to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich. When I had finished I cut it in half and starting stuffing my mouth on my way out of the kitchen.

"Pig, did you enjoy the show?" Clair asked in her squeaky voice, referring to her and Alex's make out session.

I glanced at her and then at Alex who didn't even look my way. What the hell is his problem!?!

"Didn't I tell you that he would leave you and come back to me?" she asked. She was talking about him as if he was just a piece of meat. But I guess if he wouldn't stick up for himself, then I wouldn't either. I swallowed my food before speaking.

"You did and I didn't believe you. To tell you the truth, I didn't think he was that stupid, but I guess he is," I said shrugging and starting to make my way up the stairs. I thought I saw Alex wince when I said that he was stupid, but I thought nothing of it.

"Hey, don't talk about him like that, just cause he left you for the better person, you jealous pig," Clair scoffed

"Excuse you, STD hoe, but I'm sure Alex can defend himself, and if you're the better person, then hells frozen over. We were just friends but not anymore. For your information, a friend is someone who likes you for who you are and talks to you, to get to know you. I'm just telling you in case you didn't know. Who am I kidding, you didn't," I retorted laughing slightly.

Alex looked at me, his eyes looked hurt, but I ignored him and walked up the stairs, back to my room. When I got inside, I went on my laptop and decided to listen to some music, giving myself a much needed break.

I went onto YouTube and clicked Britney Spears - Radar.

I put on my headphones and listened to the song, finishing my sandwich. I felt someone tap my shoulder and instantly turned around, to see Aaron.

"Hey Nicki," he said as I took off my headphones

"Hey," I said spinning around in my chair to face him.

"How's the drawing going?" he asked smiling

"They're going alright, I'm just......" I started, pausing when my door opened revealing Alex.

"......taking a break," I finished to Aaron

"Um...Aaron can I quickly talk to Nicki please?" Alex asked Aaron

I looked at Aaron pleadingly, to get him to understand that I didn't want to speak to him.

"Alright man," Aaron answered shrugged getting out.

I sighed and turned around. I wasn't exactly sure why I was so angry at him, but after what happened not too long ago, it made it worse for him.

I put my headphones back on and spun back around to face my laptop again.

I felt myself being spun back around and came face to face with Alex who was crouching to my height.

"I need to talk to you," he stated simply