A MayWard Love Saga

Written by: Whimzy_bookie

Prompt by: Missblackskull

-

BOOK 1: The Legend of the Twin Flame

Once upon a time, deities roam the earth, unhidden among the mortals.

Mortals worship the deities. Deities serve the needs of the mortals. Each one exists in perfect harmony with the other.

One amongst the most worshipped deities is Fieranika, the deity of mystique fire.

Feiranika loves to walk the earth, giving warmth and light to those who need it. After years and years of observing how the mortals live, she develops an attachment to them.

She loves the mortals so much that she wishes badly to become one. Her desire does not go unnoticed.

One mortal, by the name of Dalecent, makes a deal with the other deities on her behalf. He pleads with them for help as his heart is one with Feiranika's desire. You see, the mortal is in love with the deity.

The other deities mock him. But he shows his honest intent and proclaims his love for the deity so they give him one chance.

He must take out the fiery heart of Fieranika on the night when she is weakest, that is, when the moon refuses to cast light into the earth. He must place that heart deep into the world where no other mortals can ever know and, most importantly, where Fieranika can not ever go.

Dalecent knows only of one place. So he agrees.

He tells Fieranika of this one chance granted to him by the other deities — apart of course from the place where he will hide her heart. She is deeply touched by the mortal's gesture. She agrees.

Her love for the mortal, in turn, created a powerful force of happiness and it takes a form of a magical twin flame. She extends this as a gift to the mortals.

This twin flame travels distant places and leaves an identical mark in the hearts of two different mortals. The mark serves as a promise that someday the two are to meet, thus unite as one in heart and soul.

Many mortals are overjoyed by Fieranika's gift. Alas! Not all mortals — for some have blackened hearts that even the twin flame cannot penetrate. Hearts that are tainted with hatred, pride, greed, envy and all evil intent.

Such is the case for a group of power-driven mortals, the Bandit, who wants deities' powers as their own. The group learns of Dalecent's plan.

The night when Fieranika is set to become a mortal approaches. Dalecent is set to do the task.

However, just as Dalecent takes Fieranika's heart in his hands, the Bandit strikes. They steal Feiranika's heart and kills Dalecent in the process.

Fieranika, who slept through the whole chaotic night, awakens to find the dead body of her one true love — her Dalecent. She sees how his body is ripped open and his heart missing. She becomes devastated. She is now a mortal, yes. She now has a beating heart of a mortal, but of what use is this when she no longer has the reason for it to continue beating?

So she set out to find her heart. Hatred continuously consumes her mortal heart until it becomes so blackened beyond redemption.

What the Bandit group does not understand is this: Fieranika's heart must be hidden in a place where the deity can not ever go. Such is their grave mistake for once Fieranika gets ahold of her stolen heart, she can and will become a powerful deity again.