Serendipity

Written by: kxrenoids

Prompt by: maywardism

-

"The faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or aggreable things not sought."

"Who would have thought, right?"

"Sinong mag aakala, diba?"

"You are copying me." I said in monotone.

"Hindi kita ginagaya. We just think alike, char!" She said with her face giving that comical expression again. We did not say it in unison so she was literally copying me. I know her, I know her so well that even the simple changes of her tone, a little twitch of her lips, can make me worry.

She is my non-biological twin.

She is my partner in crime.

She is my happy pill.

"A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS" TOUR

Coldplay in Manila

"Uyyy! Grabe! Hindi ko talaga akalain. Sobrang thank you talaga sa pagsama sa akin dito ha, alam kong Eminem yung mga trip trip mo ba pero grabe bai ikaw pa talaga nagyaya. Touched ako." She said, while looking adorably at the ID that's been hanging to her that says "VIP"; giving it small kisses from time to time.

"Gross, stop doing that. Do you know how many people held that card? Baka nga galing pang CR yung nagbigay niyan sayo kani-awww! That hurt!" she punched my broad, ehem chest before I even finished what I was about to say. IT SERIOUSLY HURTS!

For the past five years that we've been hanging out as friends, I have come to a point where I became numb of her punches, BUT HECK, WHO AM I KIDDING? SHE PUNCHES LIKE MANNY PACQUIAO!

"Wag ka ngang KJ dyan! Kakainis 'to, sinisira mo pagmomoment ko dito, eh!" she irritatingly said, pouting.

I pouted, too. Imitating her, "Bakit? Totoo naman ah? That's really dirty. So stop doing that."

"Psh."

"Kung ako nalang kasi binigyan mo ng butterfly kisses eh di okay lang kahit puro ka germs." I whispered.

Wait-

Did I just-

"Anong sinabi mo?" her brows furrowed. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. She didn't hear it, did she? Ohnonononono.

"H-ha? Anong sinabi ko?" I asked innocently, looking around. "I didn't say anything." I shake my head and hid both my hands in my pocket, acting cool.

She looked at me intently, examining me. I gulped, "I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING I SWEAR" I said both my hands in the air, oh Lord God I am really sorry for lying. I needed to save myself.

"Psh." She said, defeated.

I sighed, "Psh."

She pouted even more, stopped kissing the card, and ended up being contented with just looking at it. Her pouting face changed into a giddy expression. She's so excited about this. Freaking cute.

I looked at her and smile. Uh, a little. Just a little bit.

"Huy, anong nginingiti-ngiti mo dyan? Parang kang abnoy hahaha."

OKAY, MAYBE IT WASN'T.

"Nothing, you're so excited. I-I mean, this is such a boring event, but you are so excited." LAME

"Grabe ka, hindi ito boring. Mamaya, pag nagsimula na, maaamaze ka." She smiled.

"Makapagsalita ka parang hindi mo first time manunuod, ah."