Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

Written by: mywrdmlc

Prompt by: flyhighmw

-

- Marydale's.

"May, can you lock up after you wash the floors? I'm going out na." My boss, Mary asks.

"Sige po." I say as I scrub a piece of chewed up gum on the floor.

She throws me the keys and I stuck them in my pocket.

"Come on, May, Friday na Friday ng gabi pagkatapos nito wala ka nang gagawin? Stay home and watch teleserye's? Why don't you go out, find a man and fall in love?"

Here she goes again..

"Love? Sus, joke lang yan! Walang forever!"

"Maybe one day you'll change your mind."

"Hindi siguro..."

"Good night, Maymay, mag ingat ka."

And then she leaves without waiting for my reply.

I sweep and then closed up early. It's not like anyone was going to come in and actually going to buy something in this old café. I grab my coat and head for the underground subway.

Just like always, the subway was packed. I have to stand right by the door and watch as more people started packing into the subway.

Finally, the doors started closing. But then, I catch a glimpse of something. A man, about 23, running as the doors were closing.

"Wait!" he yells.

Being the overly nice person I am, I reached out of the door, risking getting my arm chopped off to help this guy. He grabs my arm and I pull him in. All the people in the subway groaned.

"Did I do something wrong?" His sweet voice asks.

"You're not from here, aren't you?"

"No, I'm just... visiting, trying to help someone."

"Well, good luck ha."

He fixes his black hair and rubs his sharp brown eyes that really make an impression on you when you first saw them. An angel. He seems nervous for a reason. Must be because he stands out, everyone is wearing colored clothes while he is wearing a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath and skinny jeans.

The subway stops and half the people got off. Then a second stop, more people got off. A few more stops, then it's only me and the guy I pulled into the bus before.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Oo, I'm fine. Ba't mo naman natanong?"

"You seem, hmm, sad."

"Mukha ba akong sad?"

"Hindi naman. But, I can- never mind, I'm Edward." He holds out his hand for me to shake.

Scared, I hold out my hand and shake his.

"And ikaw si?"

"Oh ako si- hey look, dito na ang baba ko."

"Mine too."

"I've never seen you got off here before."

"I told you, I'm just... visiting."

We walked out of the subway, then out into the hot summer night. A gust of wind picks up and all my work papers flew. So much for a hot summer night, tsk.