Chapter Sixteen: Part 2

Her musings were interrupted by a knock on the door. Azura and Shakra greeted them as they came in. Azura already had her glamour on, and appeared in a black corseted gown that swept the ground, and a large brimmed yellow hat with a green feather.

            “Lovely,” Alice said. “What are you really wearing?”

            “Jeans and a sweater.”

            “Secretly comfortable.”

            “Absolutely.”

            They were followed minutes later by Lacy and Tricia. Both girls had on long gowns and corsets. Lacy was in red and Tricia wore pink.

            “Like my glamour?” Tricia postured for them, swishing her long skirts back and forth. She allowed the illusion to drop, showing them her flannel top and pants in bright pink rabbit print and fuzzy slippers on her feet.
            “You’re wearing pajamas underneath?” Alice squeaked in disbelief.

            “Don’t worry.” Tricia giggled. “I won’t drop it the entire night, and I wanted to be comfortable.”

            “Goodness.” Alice looked down at her own jeans and sweatshirt.  There was no way she would be brave enough to wear anything like that under her glamour. She was confident that she could go the entire night without dropping it, but not that confident.

            “Do people ever go to dress parties wearing glamours and accidently drop them?” She asked. “That would be embarrassing.”

            “It’s happened before,” Tricia said, smirking. “A couple years ago there was this big birthday party for some actor, and a Witch got distracted and dropped her glamour. She was in her underwear.”  The blonde girl sounded scandalized.

            “Serves her right for wearing nothing but underwear and a spell.” Azura grinned.

            “We’ve got magical outfits,” Gabriel said from the doorway, “Are we arriving there in a pumpkin pulled by mice as well?”  He was dressed in a black suit and white silk tie and top hat.  He wore a red rose in at his collar and looked very distinguished.

            “Nice hat.” Tricia produced a fan from pyjama top and hid her face behind it, clearly flirting.

            “It hasn’t got the same effect in pyjamas,” Lacy told her crossly.

            “Oops!” Tricia twitched the thread back down onto her waist, and quite suddenly appeared to be dressed in sweeping skirts again.

            “Have you thought about what color your dress will be, Alice?” Azura asked.

            “I thought I’d do green.”

            “Make it emerald though,” Tricia instructed, “Not puke green.”

            “I don’t intend to make it puke anything,” Alice scoffed.

            Fifteen minutes later Alice was admiring the effects of the glamour in the full length mirror on her bedroom wall.

            “Marvellous” Tricia told her. “That color suites you. Try a hat too.”

            “Er...” Alice concentrated, and managed a small black hat perched to one side with several emerald green feathers.