Chapter 1

I was, as usual, sat on the throne drinking Dorwinion when my thoughts about the problems in The North were interrupted by the sound of opening of giant doors of the throne room. One of the guards along with two others and a small figure who seemed to be struggling in their grasp showed up and I sat my goblet down with bored expression on my face. "Another trespasser..." I said to myself. " Hîr vuin..." he bows and continues "This human was seen at the borders of our forest..." "Let go off me!" Her booming voice stopped the gaurd from saying further and I saw her face for the first time. It felt like the ground beneath my feet was slipping away. I stared at her for I don't know how long and the words slipped out of my mouth, more like a whisper, "This can't be possible..." as my mouth dropped to the ground. The guard continued to speak, but it seemed like everything around me was silent and my mind was blank. I was in my own world when the guard's voice gained my attention, " Hîr vuin, I wait for your orders. What shall we do with this criminal?" I looked around for a while, then my eyes stop to look at her, with hurt and curiousness. "Let her go..." I say, turning my face away from her and taking the goblet again in my hand. I took a sip to calm myself down from sudden shock I just received. The guard with surprised and curious expression on his face stared at me for a while and spoke again "But My King, she attacked on a herd of cattle with her bow and arrows..." I raised my hand to stop him from speaking further. "I said leave her and that is my order. I do not want to hear anything else. You may go." The guard looked at me with astonishment and then turns his face away to look at the ground. I can sense he was confused. "Your wish is my command, My Lord" He bows then turns to leave. I caught her eyes staring at me, confusion written all over her face. Just by looking at her face, my mind was filled with all those happy and painful memories that I was trying to suppress for so many years. As soon as they were gone, I stood up from my throne and decided to take rest. I stepped down and walked past the giant doors. My thoughts were yet again filled with her strikingly similar face and I felt the pain rising in my heart. My feet lead me towards my chambers and stop as I see myself standing in front of the carven door made of wood. I sighed and took a step further as the door opened. I entered and took a look at the surroundings as I heard the doors closing behind my back. I took off my crown and felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders. I sat it down on the table and then slumped into my armchair. I closed my eyes for a while and decided to take my mind off of that human. I began to think about my son, Legolas. He's been away for so long and I was worried about him. I don't even know if he is fine or not. My mind was automatically drifted towards his mother to whom I promised that I will take care of our son and will give him all the things he deserved, but in reality, it was more like other way round. I failed her. I stood up from my armchair, slightly irritated and went outside in the balcony. The air was fresh. It was evening and stars were twinkling already. It calmed me down for a little and I found myself smiling at the beautiful memory I had of my wife...

*Flashback*

I saw her face, shining brighter than the stars and the moon on that night. I couldn't help myself but admire her for her beauty, for her being herself. "What are you staring at?" She asks me, still staring at the stars in the night sky then turns to look at me with the beautiful smile on her face. "The most beautiful and the most brightest being in the universe." I say smiling while looking at her. She laughs and I couldn't help but think of how lucky I am to have her in my life. Her laugh was like music to my ears and I would do anything to see her smile and laugh, anything. "Gellon ned i gelir i chent gîn ned i lelig" (I delight when your eyes shine when you laugh) I said as I walked towards her and engulfed her small figure in my arms. "Gin Melon Thranduil" She says as she looks deeply into my eyes "Gin Melon Elanor"...

*End of Flashback*

I felt hot tears rolling down my face and I look around to see nothing but emptiness and darkness all around me. I looked up at the night sky and spoke with all my strength "Why? Why did you do this to me? Why did you take her away from me?...She was my only light, my love, my everything. I didn't do anything that failed you, then why am I being punished?" Tears came out of my eyes uncontrollably and my vision blurred. I wiped my face with my hands and looked at the sky for the last time before going inside. I sighed as I saw a shooting star in the dark velvet sky. "Now what can I wish for when the only thing I desire is already gone and can never return to my arms..."