Chapter 3

"Where is she?" I asked.

The guard who informed me about my son's health stepped forward,"My Lord, she is in the antechamber. She was leaving as soon as she brought the Prince here, but we kept her waiting." As I was about to ask him to lead me where that mortal was, another guard came through the giant doors and bowed as his eyes landed on me. I looked at him, slightly irritated, but gestured him to continue.

"Hîr vuin, Lord Elrond has come to see you." I frowned "Elrond? What could be the reason for his visit?" I said to myself. I turn to look at the guard and spoke "I'll deal with the mortal after speaking to Lord Elrond. Arrange some food and a guest room for her. Do inform her she'll have dinner with us, in a way to express my gratitude towards her for saving my son's life." I turn to look at my son's face before walking out of the doors. His face didn't look as pale as it was before.

I sigh as my feet lead me towards the living room. The wooden doors were opened and I took a step forward. My eyes landed on him as he turned around to look at me with smile on his face. I was, on the other hand, had confusion written on my face. No doubt, I was happy to see him, but him coming over without any notice made me start to worry over some unknown problems which are yet to be faced. I was little irritated too, as I don't like unexpected meetings, and Elrond was very well aware of that. But seems like, this elf doesn't understand me.

"Mae g'ovannen Mellon nîn!" He says as he walks towards me to give a brotherly hug "Nae saian luume'" (Its been a long time) I said as we drew apart from each other. "It is indeed Mellon nîn. I was on my way to Lothlórien to meet Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn, but then I heard about Legolas' health..." He looks at me with concern in his eyes "How is he?" I sighed, "He's coping well, just taking some rest. There's this human who saved him-" "Ahh yes, I heard about her, from your guards. She needs to be treated well for her caring and thoughtful act." He said before I could complete my sentence.

Why do I always get interrupted from speaking further, I'm the King of the Woodlandrealm for Eru's sake! I managed to control my anger and focused on his words. "Yes, and I absolutely agree with you. In fact, I've invited her to join us for the dinner this evening." I spoke while looking outside through the windows. "I'm glad you invited her Thranduil..."He says as he stands beside me, looking at the vast kingdom.

"Your father was a great king and a brave warrior, Thranduil..." I turn to look at him as he sighs "I still remember this day when we lost him..." He turns to look at me with smile on his face "He's so proud of you Thranduil." "I hope he is..." I mumbled as we stare at the sky for a while. It was evening already and stars could be seen twinkling. I laid my eyes on a star which shone brightest of all. I felt a single tear rolling down my face. "I miss you, Ada..." I said to myself. I sighed and shook my head, "We should leave for the dining room, it's almost time."

We walked out of the living room and went through the hallway towards the dining room. It didn't took us long and we were facing the carven door. As we took a step forward, we were hit by the delicious smell of food and I heard a growling sound beside me. "Seems like someone hasn't eaten in days" I said "No wonder you look so thin Elrond." I chuckled as I saw him feeling embarrassed.

I was sat at the head of the table and Elrond sat towards my right. The servants served us with salad and Elrond started to dig into his plate filled with food. I rolled my eyes at his royal etiquettes and sighed. I held my goblet of wine and watch as I swirl it. I took a sip and all of a sudden I felt my body relaxed. I was about to take another sip when I heard the sounds of a fork dropped on the floor. "Elanor?!" I heard Elrond say in his low voice as he gasps. I frowned and followed his stare and my eyes got fixed on the face that was the reason for the similar pain I felt in my heart few months ago...

A/N: Hey Mellons! I hope you liked the story so far. So there's a slight change here, Thranduil's wife's name is changed Elanor. The rest is the same. Do leave a comment and show support to the author by simply clicking on the vote button :) Le hannon! I hope you have a wonderful day!