Chapter 2

*Flashback*

This day we fight. It was the day we all fight against the evil. I was in my chambers, all dressed up in my new armour. It was passed down to my father from his father and now to me. Our army was ready to face the evil and of course, their death. Battles are fought to put an end to the darkness, but on the same way, it causes destruction, not only to our opponents, but also to our loved ones. The pain of losing someone is hardest thing to bear with and it takes longer to heal.

I took a look at myself one last time and proceeded to leave the chambers. I was in my own thoughts when I saw my father walking out through the giant doors of his chambers. He wore an armour of a shining metal, with a red flowing robe. He had a circlet with a shining jewel on his forehead and held his sword in his hand. It gave him a god-like appearance. He stopped as he saw me approaching and then walked towards me. He had a proud smile on his face as he placed his hands firmly on my shoulders.

"I was waiting for so long to see you in this armour" he said smiling and taking a glance at the armour I was wearing. I looked at him and gave him a smile but what I saw made me frown. "Why do you weep, Ada?" I asked, as I saw a single tear rolling down his face. It was surprising to see such a strong elf like him with tears in his eyes. He tried to maintain tough look on his face, but his eyes looked rather sad."Ion nîn, I'm sure you're aware of why we are fighting this battle for. You are going to face the most deadly and most darkest of evil. You will see deaths..."he sighs then turns his face away and continues to speak "All I want to say is that no matter what happens or whatever you see, you will not breakdown. You will stay strong, you have to..." He turns to look at me and placed his hands on my shoulders again "You will be a great king Thranduil, I'm sure about that"

He then turns and walks away, leaving me standing there with a hint of tears in my eyes and confusion on my face. I couldn't understand what was he talking about, but I was sure of one thing, he was indeed hiding something from me...

*End of Flashback*

Few months later...

I was looking outside at the vast kingdom of Mirkwood through giant windows of the Throne Room. It was confirmed, Sauron was finally defeated in the Battle of Morannon and the ring was destroyed. I could see the darkness drifting away and getting replaced by the light of hope. It was the blessings of Eru itself. My son was coming back soon, and I couldn't be more grateful.

I was staring at the cloudy sky when I found myself thinking of Battles I fought. It was the day my father died in the Battle of Dagorlad. The memories are still fresh in my mind and I found myself thinking about that horrible incident again....

*Flashback*

The moment I saw his sword falling and him down on his knees and collapsing, it tore me apart. I forgot everything what was going on around me and I, with all my strength, ran towards him. I took him in my arms. He had tears in his eyes but still had his iconic brave look. I took a look at his wound, blood was oozing out from his stabbed stomach."Th-Thranduil...ion nîn..."he tried to reach out to touch my face but failed. I put my hand around his "Father, you'll be just fine. You'll be okay, Ada." I say as a single tear rolled down my face. I was about to call for help when he stopped me. "Ion nîn... there's nothing in this world that can change fate...This was meant to happen..." he places his hands on my face, wiping the tears away and continued to speak, "You promised me you will not weep, Thranduil. I told you, you need to be strong...you..."he gasps and coughs a little. I grab his hands tightly "Father!!" He smiled. He was having trouble in speaking, but still continued "You have to be strong..." He sighs and smiled at me proudly "I'm so happy I got to see you for the last time Thranduil. Now I shall rest in peace..." I felt his hands tightened around mine "I'm so proud of you, my son...and will always be..." As soon as those words were said and his grip around my hand loosened, he was gone. His eyes were still open. I tried my best not to cry and lift my arm to close his eyes with my hands.

*End of Flashback*

I was still thinking about my father when one of the guards' voice interrupted my thoughts. "Hîr vuin, Prince Legolas has returned, but he's not well. A human brought him back here. She said she found him deep in the forest. She believes he must have eaten some inedible wild berries." I looked at him and I couldn't believe his words. My son returned but in this way? "Lead me." And I followed him to healer's room. There he was, lying on the bed with soft cushions below his head. His eyes were closed and his skin had bluish tint. I walked towards him and fell on my knees. I stared at him and touched his forehead. It was burning up. My other hand made contact with his and I felt the coldness.

"My Lord" The healer bows and I looked at him. "The Prince is safe now. The poison is all taken out from his blood. I'm glad that human brought him here on the right time, otherwise, it would have been too late to save him..." I glared at him at his last statement and he backs away a little, with apologetic look on his face. I sigh and he continued to speak "M-My apologies, My Lord...I believe this human deserves an appreciation. She has saved the Prince's life." He said.

I looked at him "Where is she?"