Chapter 6

Darkness. Only darkness could be seen all around me. I stood there, all alone, and turn to look at every direction but found no sight of light. I heard a shuffling sound and I drew my sword close, turning towards the direction of the sound. "Who is it?...I command you to show yourself, whoever you are. You're a coward if you don't reveal your face." I heard more shuffling and I tried to look through the blanket of darkness to get a glance of that creature.

All of a sudden an uncomfortable silence unfurled and I saw a ray of light at a distance. A figure appeared out of nowhere, advancing towards me as I held my sword tight. A lithe figure with a crown on his head, almost similar to that of mine and mane of blonde-silver hair could be seen shining as the light from his back reflected through it.

I frowned as he came closer, but it vanished as his blurry face became more clear. I stood there gaping at him. It was Legolas. He was attired in a fine silver tunic-coat and had the crown of twigs and berries on his head. His face didn't show any emotions, but his eyes looked rather sad. "Legolas, Ion nîn, what are you doing here?" He came closer and simply brushed past me, without even answering or making an eye contact. I frowned at him and felt the anger rising as I turned to stop him. "Legolas?!" I called out his name, almost shouting. But what surprised me even more was that he didn't turn to stop. It was as if like he cannot hear me.

I followed and tried to reach out for him but all of a sudden he stopped and started to kneel down slowly on the ground. I frowned at his actions, confused, but then my attention was switched to another ray of light which flashed on a carved stone with dried maple leaves all around it. I knew what this was: A Burial.

The stone had something engraved on it and I walked towards it to have a closer look. What it read brought sudden shivers down my spine and I jolted back, falling on the ground.

                   *******************
                             In Vault

          Beneath this marble slab are           deposited the remains of

  Thranduil Oropherion

A beloved son, husband, father and the Great Elvenking of the Woodland Realm.

Let the stars shine upon his great soul and may the blessings of Ilúvatar brings him eternal harmony.

                 Rest in peace.               

  ********************
______________________________________

I woke up, drenched in my own sweat and felt my heart beating loudly. A loud sigh escaped from my lips and I placed my right hand on my chest and felt the loud thumping of my heart as I tried to calm my nerves down. My eyes turned to look at the jar of water on the nightstand and I stood up from the armchair to reach out for it. Relief washed over as the water ran down my throat.

I walked towards the open window and felt the cool, soothing breeze on my face. Thinking about the nightmare did nothing but gave me chills. I felt weak for some reason, but I don't know what.

Suddenly out of nowhere, I saw a movement as I laid my eyes on the balcony of one of the guest rooms. I frowned again as I saw something flying which went straight inside the room. I was still wondering about what I just saw when the sound of doors opening made me spin around to look at intruder who happen to be Elrond. "Thank the Eru! I was looking for you everywhere and here you are..." He exclaimed but then lowered his voice as his eyes set on sleeping Legolas. I rolled my eyes and then turned to look at the sight where I once saw a black shadow which flew inside the room.

"What is it that you're looking at with such curiosity?" Elrond asked as he came to stand next to me. I sigh and shook my head, still staring ahead."Nothing." I replied in my monotone voice as I tear my gaze away to look at him. "You said you were looking for me, for what purpose?" I asked as I made my way towards the table and reach out for two goblets to pour wine for both of us. I handed him his as he began to speak. "Well, it's about what happened this evening of course and-" "I know, I shouldn't have behaved that way" I snapped, regretting for the way everything went in the dining room. Elrond sighed "Yes, I know you feel guilty for doing so, but I understand Mellon nîn. It hurts I know, it'll take time but you should at least try to be strong." I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Yes, I believe you're right. It was just...I wasn't expecting that...My Eru! I even forgot to thank her!" I growled,  getting angry all of a sudden. "I'm such a fool..." I heard Elrond chuckling and stopped abruptly as soon as I flashed him an angry glare. He clears his throat, "Anyways I have already thanked her on your behalf." I shook my head then rolled my eyes "I think I need to get to know more about her and of course thank her, maybe that'll be the first thing I'll do as the sun rises." I said and took a swig of wine. "Yes that you must..." Elrond said with frown. "Is there anything else that you wish to tell me?" I asked, looking at him. "What? Oh-uh nothing, just...thinking that's all" He said without looking at me as he swirled his goblet. "Well? Is it about that mortal?" He took a moment before answering."Actually, it is. I think there's something about her, something suspicious...Or maybe it's because I'm just thinking too much" He said as he gulped down the last of his wine. "Well, well Mellon nîn. You're not only just thinking too much but you're exhausted from all the traveling as well. Maybe you should retire to your chambers." I suggested, slightly chuckling. "Indeed..." he said as he turned to look at me "But is there something that you wish to tell me?" I frowned at him and then my mind drifted towards the nightmare I just had. "No. There's nothing..." I said as I made my way towards the window, not looking at him. It was just a nightmare after all. "Alright then. I think you should have some nice sleep as well Thranduil..."He yawns as he makes his way towards the double doors "Ollo vae (Sweet dreams)" I heard him say before the sound of doors closing landed on my ears. I sighed "Dreams can't always be sweet..." I said to myself, staring out at the night sky.