Chapter 8

*Next Day*

*Third Person's POV*

A sharp, loud knock made Elaine's eyes shot open. She growled as she stretched then let out a soft yawn. She got up from her bed and lazily made her way towards the door to open it.

On opening the door, she was met by a brunnet guard named Elros, who was smiling down at her "My La-Oh! My apologies for disturbing you" His face showed expression of guilt "It's absolutely alright, I was about to wake up anyway" Elaine smiled then continued to speak "Is there something you need to tell me?" She asked. "Yes umm...Your presence is requested by the King. He wishes to meet you in the Library after you have your breakfast." Elaine frowns then speaks "Alright...Thank you for informing me." She smiles. Elros stares at her for a while then smiles back. "I'll be back to escort you to the dinning hall and later to the Library" He says before taking a leave.

Elaine closes the door then sighs and walks towards the bathroom. She did her business and then dressed up in a burgundy long-sleeved gown and turned her hair into a bun. She felt strange since it was the first time she was wearing a gown. She'd usually dress up in hooded cloak and shirt, along with tights and leather boots. But since her clothes were dirty, she had no choice.

She sighed as she looked at her reflection, when she heard a sharp knock. She opened the door and was yet again met by Elros. He smiled at her then spoke "My Lady..." He bowed then continued to speak "I have come to escort you to the dinning room, are you ready?" "Yes uh...but please, call me Elaine." She smiled at him a little "As you wish, My La-uh, I mean, Elaine." He smiled as he held out his hand to her. "You look really beautiful" She blushed a little, then smiled back "Thank you..." She said then spoke again as turned to face him "Umm...you didn't tell me your name..." "I'm Elros and I'm a dungeon guard." He smiled.

Elaine nodded in response, then followed him to the dining room. "I'll come back later to escort you to the library." Elros said then walked away. Elaine went inside and found herself completely alone. "Maybe I'm too late..." she wondered. She sat down on the chair, the same place where she sat yesterday in the evening beside 'him'.

Out of no where, an elleth carrying a serving tray in her hand entered "Good morning, My Lady." She spoke with bright smile on her face as she placed the dish on the table. "Good morning" Elaine replied with a smile. "My name is Glawareth, and I'll be there to assist you whenever you are in need of anything, My Lady." Glawareth bowed then turned to look up at Elaine with smile on her face.

'A maid?' Elaine thought then opened her mouth to speak "Its nice to meet you, Glawareth, but I don't think if I need a maid to look after me. I can manage everything myself." "But it's the king's order, My Lady. I don't think it's a wise thing to disobey him." Glawareth spoke, looking down at her feet. Elaine rolled her eyes, making sure Glawareth doesn't get to see her reaction. "Maybe we can talk about this later..." She said then continued to speak as she smiles at her "Thanks for the food, Glawareth." "You're welcome, My Lady." She replied with smile and was about to walk out when Elaine's voice stopped her "Please Glawareth, call me Elaine." Glawareth turned around to look at her, slightly shocked but then smiled at her "Of course, My Lady- I mean, Elaine." She spoke then turned to leave the dining room.

Elaine began to feed herself, stabbing the lettuce piece using her fork. She didn't even realize how hungry she was until she took a bite of the salad.

Few moments later, she heard the door opening and there stood Elros, smiling at her. Elaine had just eaten her breakfast. She smiled at him then stood up from her chair and walked towards him. "I hope you liked the breakfast." Elros asked as he extended his hand towards her. "Oh yes, it was delicious" She said politely as she placed her hand over his.

Both walked down through the halls in a comfortable silence, only the sound of Elros' boots could be heard. Elaine was in awe of the beautiful carvings on the walls and was busy admiring the skillful work when Elros' tap on her shoulder made her turn around to look at him, but instead she saw a beautiful carven door. Elros walked towards the door and knocked as Elaine followed behind him and stood next to him.

"Who is there?"

A/N: Goheno nîn Mellon. I know it's been more than a month since my last update but I was busy with all these college stuff and new schedule. I'll try to write one more chapter and update within few days. Till then take care!

P.S. The above picture is how Elaine dresses herself.