Chapter 5

*Meanwhile at dining table*

Third Person's POV

Surprised, both of them, Elaine and Elrond, stare at the wooden doors, thinking about what just happened. Elrond, however, could understand how his dear friend was feeling and decided to have a little talk with him later.

His eyes turned to her and observes her behavior. She was, no doubt, feeling awkward ever since she's stepped in the dinning room. She isn't even aware of why Thranduil isn't welcoming towards her.

She turned her gaze away from the doors, frowning down at her plate. Elrond clears his throat, drawing her attention towards him. "I deeply apologise, My Lady for the way you were treated this evening. I believe the King feels the same." He apologises again, trying to make the atmosphere a little lighter.

She sighed before speaking "It's alright, My Lord. I can understand his presence must be required somewhere else at this moment." She gives him a smile. She frowns again and opens her mouth to speak again, more like a whisper "Why did you call me Elanor as soon as you saw me?"

Elrond's eyes widened as he slowly meets her gaze. "Oh that uh...Well uh...yo-you made me remind of someone who was very close to me...And the King...Anyways, that was a very kind act of yours to save the Prince's life. I thank you deeply for your aid." He says, trying to take her mind off of the events that happened this evening. "Oh you don't need to thank me, My Lord. If there was someone else at my place, he or she would've done the same. I'm glad that he's doing well now." She smiles at him.

Elrond smiles in response but then frowns and speaks again "I find this curious but how did you know that he was a Prince and that he lives in Mirkwood palace?" Her eyes widened at Elrond's question as she tries to think of an 'excuse' to answer him. "Oh well-uh I-uh I've actually heard a lot about him from people. No wonder he's got that trait which makes him distinct from the other elves I've seen." She sighs and takes a sip of wine. The feeling of wine burning down her throat somehow calmed her down.

Elrond observes her actions and could feel something isn't right. "Well, that explains. Where are you from, My Lady? If you don't mind me asking..." Still not meeting his eyes, she answers "I'm a wanderer, My Lord. I usually travel long distances, I don't have uh...I don't have a home." She answers. "Well, in that case you're most welcome to live here as our guest as long as you want to, My Lady. I'm sure the King would be pleased with this..." He stops for a moment, doubting himself for what he just said."...I believe you must be tired. Would you like me to escort you to your chambers?" Elaine looks at him and smiles "Sure, thank you My Lord." He comes over to her chair and helps her stand. They walk through the doors as he leads her to her chambers.

While walking beside her, Elrond took a glance at her with suspicion in his eyes. He was doubting the fact if she was telling the truth or not. It didn't take too long and they were facing the doors of her chambers. "Take some rest, My Lady. I hope you have a nice sleep." He smiles at her and leaves. He turns towards his right and decides on searching for Thranduil. He needs to talk about this matter with him. He was very well aware that it'll be difficult for him to deal with this, especially, when its about his painful past with his wife. 

Elaine watches him leave as he turns to different direction. She sighs in relief and stares at the craven doors. "That was close..."She says to herself in her mind. She reaches out for door knob and opens the door wide. She took a step forward looking at the surroundings, then turns her head to peek out if there was any sight of guards around. She sighed in relief at their absence and locks the door. Her eyes travelled from the fine carven chairs and study table to the dressing table. Her eyes laid on the wardrobe and makes her way towards it, roaming her hands on the engraved wood. The bed seemed to be welcoming, with soft cushions and fluffy pillows, she was sure she'll have the most amazing sleep ever. Everything seemed to be perfect for her, but the thing that twisted her stomach was the thought of this Elvenking.

She walked towards the windows, looking at the vast stretch of 'His' kingdom. She felt the anger rising and her hands clenched into fist. She stormed inside thinking of the purpose for which she has come here. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was met by a pair of pure black eyes instead of light blue ones. "I will make 'him' suffer for what he did to us. I will take revenge of every single blood that was spilled that night..."

A/N: So here's a little twist in the story and lots of drama awaits for you guys *smirks* Anyways Goheno nîn for being inactive for last few days, I was busy checking out wines and tasting them XD. I hope you like this chapter. Do post a comment or a suggestion. Have a nice day!