Chapter 4

A/N: Suilad Mellon! I hope you're all doing great! So the above picture is how I have imagined Elanor to be.Credits to the artist for this beautiful artwork.

*Flashback*
Staring at the goblet of wine, I sighed as I took a look around myself. It was Mereth Nuin Giliath: The Feast of Starlight. All light is sacred to the Eldar and wood elves love best the stars.

My father was busy talking to Elven Nobilities. Loud music and chattering could be heard throughout the hall room. Some ellons and elleths could be seen dancing from a distance. I sighed again as I tear my eyes away from their smiling faces to stare at the goblet in my hand. I took a sip and felt the wine burning down my throat. I leaned back against my arm chair, wanting this feast to get over already.

I somehow managed to keep my eyes open and found myself observing my surroundings again. It was until when my eyes caught attention of an elleth who seemed to be little irritated of the ellon's drunken state next to her. She slammed her hand on the table and went straight towards the balcony. Anger could be seen radiating from her. My eyes followed her until she was out of sight. I don't know what came over me that made me follow her to the balcony. There was something about her which made me curious.

I stopped as I watch her from a distance. Her long dark hair around her shoulders shone beneath the moonlight. I couldn't help myself but admire the beautiful view ahead of me. This was the first time I felt this feeling of belongingness to a stranger, and that was so unlike me. I stared at her for I don't know how long and there was a battle of thoughts in my mind if I should proceed further or turn away. I took a deep breath and decided on moving forward. I wasn't confident enough to talk to her and I could hear my heart beating, too loud.

I was close enough when she suddenly turned around, making me flinch. "Oh-Uh...umm...My apologies My Lord, I didn't see you coming..." She said as she backs away a little and bows. She looked a little scared though. Do I look scary? I smiled at her, "Its absolutely fine, don't apologise My Lady" I said as I bowed to her. I looked up to see a shocked expression on her face. Did I do something wrong? "Oh-Uh I-Uh I just go..." She said as she tries to escape. "Darth! Man i eneth lîn?"(Wait! What is your name?) I asked and she stops. She turned around, still looking at her feet"I eneth nîn Elanor, Hîr vuin" (My name is Elanor, My Lord) Her eyes met mine and all of a sudden I felt everything around me paused. She's got the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I've ever seen. She smiled, making my heart flutter. I went down on one knee and reach out to take her hand. "Beautiful name for a beautiful elleth..." I said, not breaking the eye contact as I lean to give a peck on her hand. Even though it was dark, her bright red cheeks were clearly visible. I couldn't help but smile at her. She, no doubt, has stolen my heart.

*End of Flashback*

"Elanor?!" I heard Elrond say in his low voice as he gasps. I frowned and followed his stare and my eyes got fixed on the face that was the reason for the similar pain I felt in my heart few months ago.

We both stared at her with shocked expression on our faces. I saw her body squirm as she stared at her feet. I tore my eyes away from her and looked down at the goblet in my hand.

"Elanor?!" Elrond spoke, this time louder enough for her to hear. I looked at him and found him frowning at her. "Oh-Uh...ahem-uh M-My name is Elaine, My Lord..." She spoke, still staring at the ground. Elrond stood up from his chair and slowly walked towards her. He stopped in front of her and observes her as she backs away a little. That scared look on her face reminded me of the time when I met Elanor for the first time.

Elrond tilted his head, observing her ears and eyes. Indeed there was absence of pointy ears but her eyes, my Eru, she had exactly the same eyes as Elanor's. "You're mortal...?" it sounded more like a question than a statement as Elrond spoke with little discomfort. He turned to look at me and clears his throat. He tried to calm himself down and sighed as he turned to face her again. "My apologies, My Lady. Please come and have dinner with us." He bowed and smiled to make her feel little comfortable.

She smiled and bowed in response, but I can tell she was still confused and I don't blame her for that. Her eyes met mine and I immediately turned my gaze away from her. I can feel her eyes on me, but I tried to avoid. I didn't even realise until the chair to my left was dragged as she came over to sit down on the chair. "Thank You!"she said and that's when I turned to look up to find Elrond smiling down at her, "You're welcome, My Lady." His eyes met mine, I can tell he had so many questions in his mind. He came to sit back on his chair and stared at his plate before digging into it. I, on the hand, had lost appetite and my plate of salad was still untouched.

I stare at my goblet, swirling it's content feeling uncomfortable sitting next to 'Her'. I sighed and took a glance at her. She sat there, staring at her plate of food. She looked as if she was in deep thought as her hand rests on the fork.

I turned away and took a sip of wine when I felt this sudden electric shock as her hand accidentally made contact with mine. The goblet from my hand fell to the ground and I immediately rose from the chair. We both stared at each other for a moment and I cleared my throat, "My apologies but I have got some urgent work to do. Please continue eating."

As soon as I let those words out, I hurriedly made my way out through the giant wooden doors, not looking back. I believe they must've felt it quite weird. I sighed in relief and continued to wander through the halls. I stopped as my eyes laid on the wooden doors of healer's room. I walked towards it and took a step inside as the doors opened.

I took a looks at the surroundings and that's when I saw him, lying on the bed the same way as I saw him the last time. I walked towards him and placed my hands on his forehead. I sighed and slumped into the armchair next to his bed. I stared at him for long hours, until I fell into a deep sleep.

A/N: This was a long chapter, I hope you guys didn't fall asleep while reading this XD. Did you like the story so far? Do leave a comment or suggestion :) Hannon le! Have a nice day!