Chapter three

Chapter three

"Oh my god honey you look so beautiful!"my mother grinned with wide eyes.

I never thought i'd wear a wedding dress at nineteen,and yet,here i am.The top of the white strapless dress was shaped like the top half of a heart,with a bare back.The waistline was a low V shape,and as for the bottom it was a full pouffy skirt.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror,wondering what should i feel right now,my emotions were a mess.

"Yeah.."i mumbled turning to look at her.She cupped my face and kissed my forehead,"i hope you will forgive me one day Alex".

"Mom i'm not mad at you,and i know you don't want me to do this.But i understand that i have no choice and there's nothing left to do".

Her eyes teared up a bit and she sighed,"I love you so much".

I hugged her,"i love you more mom".

"Alexandra are you ready?"Janet entered the bedroom,"Everyone is waiting for you".

I took a deep,long breath.My legs were like jelly,and i felt like i'm gonna vomit,"I'm..i'm ready".

Connor and Jay decided to do the wedding here at the manor in the big garden which was beautifully decorated.I didn't know any of the guests from their side though,but at least my friends were here.

Finally arriving outside,i stood by my dad who was ready to walk me down the aisle.

"I'm so sorry Alexandra"he whispered trying to hold back his tears,"i really am".

"Dad,please-"

"No,I'm forcing you to do something you don't wanna do,and it tears me apart to see you like this"he continued,"I'm the reason you're unhappy-"

"Dad listen to me"i cut him off,"we don't always get what we want in life,but eventually i'll be happy.I'm not gonna stay sad forever".

Suddenly the music started playing interrupting our conversation.I took a deep breath as dad interlocked his arm with mine.Jay stood there with his best man looking handsome as ever.

Shut up Alex.

With every step i took i felt my heart drop.With every step i felt like the dress got tighter and tighter around my chest,suffocating me.Everyone looked at me with smiles and admiration,but no one knew that inside i'm dying.

My dad kissed my forehead,"I love you kiddo".

"I love you too dad"i said almost in a whisper.

I stood next to Jay who stared at me like i'm the prettiest thing he's ever seen.

"Dearly beloved,we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony..."the priest started the ceremony.

'Someone wake me up from this nightmare,someone help me!'That's all i wanted to say right now.My breathing increased and i felt like passing out right here in front of all these people.

"Are you okay?"Jay whispered in a worried tone next to me.I turned my head slightly to look at him,my eyes tearing up a bit.

"...If any man can show just cause,why they may not lawfully be joined together,let him now speak,or else hereafter for ever hold his peace"the priest continued.

I wish that someone,anyone,stopped this wedding right now.But that didn't happen;the silence was too loud.

All that's heard is me trying to hold back the tears and sobs.