Chapter twenty three

"Here you go honey"Mom said handing me a cup of coffee.I took a sip and looked at the clock.It's been two and a half hours,two and a half goddamn hours.

"Hey"Peyton said sitting down next to me,"Stop overthinking".

"I'm not"I lied.She shook her head,"You are,come on Jay."

"Fine I am.What if something goes wrong?I'll loose her.I'll never forgive myself."

"Jesus Jay!Get that thought out of your thick skull!"She straightened up,"Before you came,Alexandra was a mess to be honest.Her whole life was.She wasn't happy,and all she saw was a miserable world.Everyday she thought about ending her life.But when you came,oh man I swear she changed,a whole different Alex.I saw my bestfriend fall for an amazing guy who genuinely cares about her,and loves her with all her imperfections.Yeah I'm being corny and shit right now but I see the way she looks at you,her face brightens up.Seriously Jay,don't you dare blame yourself because you are an amazing person".

A smile crept onto my face,"Thanks Peyton.That was really nice..and weird coming from you but still nice".

She chuckled,"That was weird wasn't it!"

Suddenly the doctor exits the operation room and we all stand up and gather around him.

"So?"I ask with a shaky voice.

Everyone got silent waiting for an answer.My heartbeats raced in my chest.

He sighed and a smile appeared on his face,"The surgery went perfectly and the donation is complete."

When he said those words my whole body let go of the tension and I instantly smiled,"Thank you so much.You saved her life".

"Noah is the one you should be thanking actually"he smiled.

Noah's mom quickly replied with a worried tone,"Is my son okay?"

"He's gonna be just fine"he assured her and went back to the operation room.

"I told you she's going to be alright"Peyton elbowed me lightly on the arm.I laughed,"True that".

Few minutes later they took Noah and Alexandra to their rooms.We couldn't see them immediately so we waited in the hallway.

"When will they wake up?"I asked the doctor.

"I can't be precise,it can take several days.Don't worry everything went smoothly".

"Alright Doc,thanks again".

I walked back to the hallway,more than ready to see Alexandra.Everything will finally go back to normal and I couldn't wait any longer,I want her to wake up so I can kiss the shit out of her goddamn it.

* * *

Three days later

"How are you feeling today,Noah?"the nurse asked walking in the room.Noah smiled weakly,"Better than yesterday".

"We can't thank you enough-"

"Mrs.Parker,please"he cut Alex's mom off,"No one forced me to do it,I wanted to donate."

A small smile appeared on her face.

"I'm gonna go see Alexandra.."I said exiting the room.It's been three days,three agonising days waiting for her to open her eyes.I walked in her room and looked at her weak pale body.Slowly,I kissed her forehead and took her hand tightly into mine,"Come on baby".

I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the side of the bed,listening to her heartbeat on the monitor.After staying like this for a few more minutes,something suddenly happened.The monitor started beeping faster.I stood up,confused.