▹chapter 1

"I don't know how I can be so ambitious and so lazy at the same time."  — Ned Vizzini

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.If you're reading this because you think you might be one, close this book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.Being a half-blood is dangerous and scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. I envy you for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.But if you recognize yourself in these pages, if you feel something stirring inside,stop reading immediately. You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you. Don't say I didn't warn you.  

My name is Tessa Snow. I'm a twelve years old demigod. Weird right? You don't believe me, no one blames you, trust me. My mom, well she is a Goddess. You may know her as Artemis. Yup, the goddess of  virginity(not so much), the hunt, the moon,archery,and the natural environment. She is the daughter of Zeus and Leto, twin sister of Apollo. As you can see I am not supposed to exist. But my mom made a mistake and after a lot of thinking Zaus forgive her, he was in good mood apparently. My dad is dead, he died of cancer when I was around seven and that's when I came to Camp Half Blood.

And this is my story:

I woke up to a very familiar voice screaming in my ear. 

"Wake up, come on Tessa, now it's not time to be lazy."Annabeth, my sister from another mister or well another Goddess

"Annabet I love you but unless someone is dead or dying there is no way I will get up." 

"You don't understand.He's here, oh Gods he is HERE." came her frantic reply. I was sitting on my bed now and I was looking at Anna who was pacing around the room. I was beyond confused, who was here? What did I miss?

"You are right I don't understand, so how about you take a break and explain it to me" she threw a little glare at me and said:

"The boy, I think he is our chance of finally going on a quest," now I get it. Annabeth and I were never out of Camp since we came. I mean don't get me wrong it's amazing here but it gets a little boring when every day is the same. I want some adventure. I want to see outside world.

"but I warn you, he doesn't look like much. Let alone like he can defeat a Minotaur and Kindly One" she continued. I was half listening, in my defence I was really sleepy. WAIT. MINOTAUR. FURY. WHAT? 

"What in the Hades did I miss? When did that happen?" I asked with widened eyes

"He came last night with Grover, a little after you went to bed. He battled with Minotaur then and with Kindly One I think a day earlier."

-----------------------------------------15 minutes after-----------------------------------------

"Well he is cute" I admitted to my friends looking at the unconscious boy.

"Gross" "Seriously Tessa?" said Grover and Anna at the same time

"What? He is." when I said that I earned eye roll from Annabeth and wink from Grover with mumbled "my new otp." Little after that Annabeth left

"So when is he going to wake up?" I asked taking my attention from a boy with disheveled, jet black hair.

"We don't know. Soon" said Grover. And like he heard us he woke up. On the table next to him was a tall glass. He almost dropped it once he got his fingers around it. 

"Careful," said Grover. Then they talked about Percy saving Grover and about Percy's mom. I felt sorry for the boy. Not even a day in this world and he already lost someone. Tough luck. I didn't wanna intrude anymore so before they noticed me I left to find Annabeth. She was playing pinochle with Chiron and Mr. D. I said hello to them and started playing too. Not even a few minutes in the game Grover and a new boy came. I could hear them talking about us.

"That's Mr. D," Grover said. "He's the camp director, be polite. The girls are Annabeth Chase and Tessa Snow. They are just campers, but they have been here longer than just about anybody. And you already know Chiron."He pointed at us. Well Chiron at least. 

"Mr. Brunner!" Percy cried.  

  "Ah, good, Percy," he said. "Now we have five for pinochle." Chiron offered him a chair to the right of Mr. D. 

"Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you." Mr. D. said

 "Uh, thanks." Percy scooted a little farther away from him

"Annabeth?" Chiron called.She came forward and Chiron introduced them. "This young lady nursed you back to health, Percy. Annabeth, my dear, why don't you go check on Percy's bunk? We'll be putting him in cabin eleven for now."

Annabeth said "Sure, Chiron." 

"And this is Tessa, she helped too" that is my co 

"Tessa,dear,go help Annaliz with preparing" said Mr. D. I always loved how he rememberd my name.

"Of course" then I turned to Percy to introduce myself but I became so nervous that the first thing that came out of my mouth was:

 "You drool when you sleep."Then I sprinted off down the lawn, my brown hair flying behind me.