▹chapter 3

People cut other people down for entertainment, amusement, out of jealousy, because of something broken inside them. Or for no reason at all. It's just what they do, and you're a target because you live your life loudly and boldly. - Taylor Swift 

"Clarisse," Annabeth sighed. "Why don't you go polish your spear or something?"

"Sure, Miss Princess," Clarisse said. "So I can run you through with it Friday night."

''Erre es korakas!" Annabeth said, which meant 'Go to the crows!'

"You don't stand a chance." I teased with a small smile, trying and probably failing to brighten a mood a little. Clarisse looked at me and I could see a small smile tugging at the end of her lips but it was gone quicker than you can say Zeus. Then she looked at Annabeth and said:

"We'll pulverize you," She turned toward Percy. "Who's this little runt?"

"Percy Jackson," Annabeth said, "meet Clarisse, Daughter of Ares."

"Like ... the war god?" 

Clarisse sneered. "You got a problem with that?"

"No,it explains the bad smell." 

Clarisse growled. "We got an initiation ceremony for newbies, Prissy." 

"Percy."

"Whatever. Come on, I'll show you."

"Clarisse-"I tried to say. "Stay out of it, Tes." I probably looked pained, but I did stay out of it. He handed me his minotaur horn and got ready to fight, but before I even blinked, Clarisse had him by the neck and was dragging him towards a bathroom. 

"Like he's 'Big Three' material," Clarisse said as she pushed him towards one of the toilets. "Yeah, right. Minotaur probably fell over laughing, he was so stupid looking."

Annabeth and I stood in the corner, watching through our fingers. Clarisse bent him over on his knees and started pushing his head toward the toilet bowl. Then when I thought he was done for water shot out of the toilet, going over Percy's head and hit Clarisse straight in the face. The water started pushing her backward into a shower stall. The showers acted up too, so together they sent Clarisse right out of the bathroom, spinning her around. The entire bathroom was flooded. Annabeth and I weren't spared too. We were dripping wet, but we weren't been pushed out the door. We were standing in exactly the same place, staring at Percy in pure shock. He was sitting in the only dry spot in the whole room. There was a circle of dry floor around him. He didn't have even one drop of water on his clothes.

Annabeth said, "How did you ..."

"I don't know." We walked to the door. Outside, Clarisse was sprawled in the mud, and a bunch of other campers had gathered around. She gave him a look of absolute hatred. "You are dead, new boy. You are totally dead."

"You want to gargle with toilet water again, Clarisse? Close your mouth." Her friends had to drag her away towards her cabin.

Annabeth then looked over at me. "You're thinking what I am?"

"Totally"I said and looked over at Percy with stupid smile

"What? What are you two thinking?"

"I'm thinking," I said, "that we want you on our team for capture the flag."