A gift for the kids and filling the selection form

(unfortunately, I couldn't find a playground picture matching the description in this chapter)

Ariana POV

Since I couldn't adopt every child in that orphanage, I decided to get something for them as well. I looked at some pictures of the place and noticed the playground. It was run down and looked like it could collapse any time. The slide was cracked, the monkey bars had bars that were dangling off, and one of the swings had fallen off the rope and had been replaced with a board by some of the kids; though it was very creative, it was still hazardous. That's when I decided that a new playground would be the best gift. Then the thought occurred to me that there were also some older kids there, and they may not want to play on a playground. So, I decided to buy an x-box along with some games for them. Before I officially started searching for playgrounds and x boxes, I called Mrs. Perry back to be sure it was ok. She said yes to both my ideas and she knew the kids would adore them. In fact, they hadn't played on the playground for 2 years and really missed playing on one. I asked if I could see the other girls after I adopted one of them and surprise them with the playground. " Absolutely!", she replied " That would be great".

Finally, I found the perfect playground sold by a store called "Jungle Gym Express. "The support was made of tough steel and had a mat around it made of Styrofoam so that if the kids fell, they would be less likely to get hurt. The Styrofoam was also green so it had the look of fresh green grass. This set also featured 4 slides; A purple one that spiraled down, a blue one that just went straight down, a pink one that went down then back up then down again, and a yellow one that zig- zagged. There were also 2 monkey bars. One of them was rings, and the other was regular monkey bars. After I bought the x-box I got a few games for the older kids to play. Then I remembered the form I needed to fill and send to Mrs. Perry.

I wasn't too finicky about the girl, but I did have a few requests. First, was that they were already potty trained. Second, I hate to say this but I preferred them not to be physically handicapped. I promise it has nothing to do with not caring, laziness or just not accepting. The thing is, I don't think I have the right life style. For example, a child who is blind or in a wheel chair would be better off with someone who wasn't traveling a lot, and one that had time to learn about what to do with the equipment and physical therapy exercise. I just felt that a physically handicapped child wouldn't have the best life with me. But I promised myself that after I adopt, I will be posting about the place and giving the kids anything they need, and do everything I can to make sure all of them get a perfect home. To my relief, my only two requests were already solved. I looked at the notes on the back and it said that all the kids there were potty trained, and none had a physical disability. One of them did have a mental disorder but it didn't say who, how old she was, or what the disorder was; but I knew I could handle that. So, all I had to do was choose an age range. I decided a girl age 4-6 would be great. So, I sent my request form back to Mrs. Perry. She emailed me back saying there were 31 girls in that group. I was so excited to get my own baby girl.