Mending the pieces

Ariana pov
Quinn was depressed for a month. Seeing my baby girl upset was hard for me and also scary cause she wasn't eating a lot and losing weight. I had to do something to cheer her up. I walked up to her room and found her upstairs staring at Henry's cage. I walked up to her and gave her a hug. Then the thought occurred to me: Quinn loved to paint and was very talented at it. Maybe painting would lift her spirits.

A=Ariana Q=Quinn

A: You feeling better?

Q: miss him

A: I know baby girl. I'm sure he's in a happy lizard area of heaven.

( Quinn smiles a little)

A: you know the paints you have can be painted on the wall too.

Q: paint walls?

A: Yes but only walls in your art room. Would you like to paint the walls with me?

Q: paint walls, yes

5 hours later

The walls were pretty much covered in pictures. Quinn painted a lot of pictures of Henry, and that actually made me smile as well as tear up behind Quinn's back. Even though she was hurting, she was getting it out. One of her paintings really caught my attention: a picture of a pet shop. She told me it was the shop Henry became her lizard and told me the whole story of how he became her best friend. The painting also gave me an idea. I asked her " Quinn, there is a pet shop near the mall. Do you think you'd be interested in getting another  pet? Quinn replied "Henry feelings hurt" I replied "Maybe not necessarily. He did seem happy when he saw you playing with the dogs." Quinn was silent a moment. Then shd said " look in pet shop?" I nodded my head yes and told her I was sure Henry would love that. He seemed happy to see her playing with animals. So I put her in the car and drove us to a pet shop.

I took Quinn to a pet shop called Carter's Critters and told her to pick any pet she like. This was a huge pet shop: almost like an orphanage for pets. There were animals such as fish, turtles, mice, dogs, cats and so much more.

A few hours later Quinn looked in the last area of the pet shop; the rodent area. Suddenly fire truck passed by blaring it's loud siren. Quinn covered her ears and cried " Loud Loud Noise". I told her "it's ok Quinn. Mommy's here". Suddenly her quivering stopped and her eyes were focused on something. " what do you see?" I asked her. She walked over to cage across from us and pointed to a little plump white creature with big ears putting her little paws through the bars, and looking at Quinn with  cute big eyes. The pet store owner came up and said " I see you found our chinchilla. She seems to like you cause normally she's quite shy". Quinn turned to me and said " keep her?"

So Quinn has a pet chinchilla now, next is another readers choice!