Quinn's adoption

( note: when it is Quinn's pov I will make her talk to you guys in a normal fashion but when she is talking directly to another person in the story, she will be herself. Also I am not an expert on autism. I know it's different for everyone with it, and I have 2 friends with it. Also my parents are doctors, not psycologist they are family doctors but they still know a lot about it. My point is if I happen to have some wrong information I apologize in advance. Thank you)

Quinn POV

I couldn't believe I just met Ariana Grande! I love her so much! Whenever I hear a song of hers come on, I can't help but giggle and dance with happiness. I was told by Mrs Perry before I headed to the art room to work on my painting not tell the other girls she was here. She was going to say hi to everyone later. No problem there. Even though I am a lot better with expressing what I want (which in my case is pointing and saying a few words, or just painting )I hardly talk or play with the other kids. I still hoped and prayed one day I would get adopted but after my last close adoption  I pretty much told myself I had no chance.

Flashback:
It happened a few months after my 4th birthday. A few days earlier I had been officially diagnosed with Autism and I began working with one of the helpers named Mrs Betsy with a therapy book the doctor gave us. One day a couple came here to adopt me. So I raced downstairs to say my first word " Hello" to them. However it seemed that Mrs.Perry had not had the chance to change my papers to say I had Autism. I saw my almost new parents smile, but when Mrs.Perry told them I had Autism, their reply broke my heart. The lady said " Oh my gracious no! We can't handle a messed up child." The man continued " Yes, she will have to find some other family" then they walked out. Mrs. Perry looked at me and said " Quinn, I am so sorry." I started to cry and ran upstairs. A few hours later Mrs. Perry came up to check on me and told me that one day I would get a family. But I figured, what's the point. For many more months I refused to talk, or even make a mumble. I still freaked out over a lot of things but it wasn't until I met Henry that I said my first word.

( meeting Henry)

I decided to go outside and sit in a tree in the yard when I saw a leapord gecko was stuck in some sap. So I got him out and asked Mrs Perry to walk with me to the petshop a block away to give him to the owner, assuming he came from there. I handed him to the owner and he said with a smile as he watched the lizard climb back to my shoulder; " Thank you for saving and returning him, but I can tell this leapord gecko likes you" "Gecko?" I replied. " Mrs Perry turned to me with a wide smile saying " Oh my, you spoke! I am so proud" She explained to the man what I had and he said " Well if you are ok with it, I want her to have this little guy as well as a habitat for him. I turned to Mrs Perry and said "Please". Mrs Perry nodded and that's how I became best friends with Henry. Now I was willing to talk a little again though I still didn't say much.

Back to the present:

Assuming Ariana was here to adopt I said to myself " No way she will pick you" then I continued my painting.

Ariana POV

I told Mrs Perry, " I want to adopt Quinn."She smiled and said that before I made that official descision there were some things I needed to know.

She explained to me that Quinn has Autism. Autism is different for everyone but in Quinn's case it means; she doesn't like to make eye contact a lot, she didn't like certain sounds; in fact some would cause a meltdown such as a siren or car horn. She also was not comftorable with flashing lights. However she was a lot better considering that she previously never spoke and never looked anyone in the eyes at all. Now she will look someone in the eyes a few seconds and say a few words. She was also easily startled so I should always make her know I am there before touching her. Also it bothered her if she was in a new place without being told about it. So for example instead of just taking her in a room, I would need to tell her where we were. Mrs.Perry also told me that she had never been around a bunch of people crowding someone such as a celebrity like myself, so she didn't know how she would react. I told her that didn't matter. I still wanted her. She handed me the book she's been working from. I took it but told her I would find the best therapist in L.A. We both knew with some help, Quinn could eventually become less sensitive to certain sounds and sights. Even if she couldn't be at ease with them, we could at least get her to where she won't freak out. There was no rush. I mean she was only 4 years old. My brother Frankie has a friend who is autistic and was just like Quinn when he was 4; except he wasn't an orphan. ( note from author; total coincidence if that is actually true)Now at age 21 he is a business man and is able to tolerate most things average people can. He's not comfortable with them but it doesn't freak him out anymore. I also had extra large headphones that I could let Quinn use if needed. My mind was made. So Mrs Perry gave me some papers to sign.

After I finished signing them I asked to go with her so I could tell Quinn. Mrs. Perry asked one of the assistants to go up and see if Quinn was still in the art room and if she was alone. A few minutes later she came back and said yes. Then Mrs. Perry announced over a speaker.

" Attention everyone. We have someone very special here adopting one of you. So as usual I want everyone to stay in the room you are in. Then we will come retrieve the child she is adopting. Once that is complete she wants to say hello to all of you and has a surprise for you. We will call you to come down to the main center. Thank you"

So Mrs. Perry and I walked up the stairs and to the art room. She opened the door and we saw Quinn painting a beautiful picture on an easel in the corner of the room with other paintings on the wall near her. This was a remarkable piece. Every little detail was grand. In fact, if she wasn't at that easel, I would have assumed it was done by a professional artist. The painting was in 3 sections, and each seemed to tell part of a story.The first one was of a purple winged horse, standing apart from a group of pink winged horses in a flowered meadow. The horse had his head and wings drooped with a sad look. The middle showed the outcast horse sitting alone, daydreaming of being accepted. Finally the third part was a painting of the horse and a princess. The princess was patting her and giving her an apple. Mrs. Perry walked up and said. " Quinn, someone is here to see you.". I walked up to her side. She took a quick glance at me and gave a little smile, but then went back to her painting. She still kept her ears open though but she was intensely focused on her painting. I noticed how she had a direct order for the way she painted. Whatever color she used; which was a lot of purple, she did it In this order:

1. Dip the brush ( she had a different brush for each color)

2. let excessive paint drip on towel

3.paint on the canvas slowly; if she was making a straight stroke, she always started from the left. If she was drawing something round such as the sun, or any closed shaped like the shape of a cloud, she would carefully paint a border first, then fill it in starting from the left side.

4. After she had finished that part she would wipe the handle and slowly put it back in it's color.

Before I made the announcement I decided to make some small talk with her. She was very friendly ,but didn't say much and was obviously into her painting. She didn't answer right away either there was always a small pause. Also like before she rarely looked me in the eyes(note from author: ... means pause)

A= Ariana Q=Quinn

A: Hi Quinn

Q: ( smiles then a few seconds later says) hello

A: This painting is absolutely marvelous, how long have you been working on it

Q: ... three months

A: Well it's amazing! You have such talent

Q:.... thank you ( she makes one more stroke on her picture) finished

A: Where did you learn to paint like this?

Q: ... Practice

A: ( points to other paintings) Are these other paintings yours too?

Q: ( nods her head then gets up and points to a painting of Ariana's dogs) Ariana dogs.

A: Wow, these are great!

Q: ( smiles)

A: Quinn, you are an amazing, sweet and talented little girl. When I met you, your personality immedietly caught my attention. I was informed about how a couple rejected you just because you have autism

Q: ( gives a sad look)

A: But that won't happen this time. You are perfect.

Q: ( opens her eyes wide and doesn't move a muscle)

A: Quinn, would you be interested in calling me mommy?

Quinn smiled at me with the widest smile and ran up and hugged me with tears of joy in her eyes.