Meeting the family

Note: I have no clue if this is actually her house

Quinn POV

We arrived at a large house and pulled into the driveway. Then my new mommy stopped the car and came around to retrieve me. After I stepped down I looked up to Ari, uh I mean mommy's neck and said "Home?" while twisting side to side; left to right. Mommy smiled and replied "Yes Quinn. This is your new home."Thank you." I replied. Then she told me it was time for me to meet the rest of the family. When she opened the door 8 excited dogs came running towards me. I just love dogs so I knelt down and petted them all one by one and each one gave me a big sloppy kiss. Then I looked up and saw Ariana's, I mean Mommy's mother Joan, and her brother Frankie come down. They looked at me with big eyes. I didn't know how to react so I backed away slowly and behind a large leafy green plant in the left corner.

Ari POV

When I saw Quinn get out of the car I took note that I would need to get her a car seat. Just as I was about to introduce her to my mother and brother I noticed she had gotten scared and hid behind our fichus.  So I went to her and said softly " It's alright Quinn. These are my mother and brother. You are family to them now". So she slowly took my hand and walked with me to the living room where my brother and mother were sitting on the couch. I had texted them about Quinn's autism as well so they knew about it.

A=Ariana J=Joan ( Ariana's mother) F=Frankie (Ariana's brother)

A: Guys, I want you to meet Quinn

J: It's so nice to meet you Quinn. I am Ariana's mother and your new Nona. I've heard much about you.

(Quinn is silent: Since frankie has experience with an Autistic friend that was just like Quinn at her age he explains: (again probably not true in real life)

F: Try talking with fewer words.

J: Hi Quinn. I'm going to be your Nona.

Q: .... hello.

F: and I will be your uncle Frankie

Q: Okay.

(Frankie notices her lizard)

F: Who's that?

Q: Henry

A: I actually brought her by to meet you but we also need to go shopping for clothes. We got stuff for her room online so they should be here and set up by tonight. However Henry can't come shopping. Can he stay in one of your rooms till we have her room set?

F: Sure he can stay in mine

Q: thank you

(Ariana and Frankie take her to Frankie's room)

F: you can set him on this desk.

Q: (sets his cage on the desk and pulls out 2 meal worms from a cup)

A: what's that?

Q:.... Lunch

Quinn dropped 2 meal worms into Henry's habitat and he gobbled them up. "Quinn, what times do you feed Henry?". Her face made a pondering face. Frankie asked "Can you tell time?" she shook her head and dropped her eyes to the floor. She didn't know how to tell time yet "It's ok sweetie." I said, "you'll learn." She smiled and pointed to some paper and pencil and said "Draw Clock". I realized she couldn't tell time, but she was able to draw what the hand positions were when she fed Henry. So we got her the paper and pencil and she drew 3 beautiful clocks lined up in a Colum. Next to them were pictures of meal worms. "Wow!" Frankie said, "These look amazing!" I smiled and said "you should see her paintings." Then Quinn reached into her bag and pulled out the picture she was painting when I adopted her. Frankie was in amazement. We looked back at Quinn's clocks to see how and when she fed her lizard

Breakfast: 8:45 AM- 4 worms

Lunch: 1:30 PM- 2 worms

Dinner: 7:45 PM- 3 worms

I looked at her and told her that we probably wouldn't be back till 8:30 pm. Frankie asked her "May I feed him?". There was about 25 seconds of silence then said "Yes." After we talked a few more minutes of talking, I took Quinn back to the car, and put her in the back; since that was the safest spot for a 4 year old. Then I got in the drivers seat and started the car to take us to go shopping. We needed to get a few more things for Quinn, primarily clothes. However the first thing we needed to get for her was a car seat.