Goodbye Henry 😭

Quinn pov
I woke up the next morning in my bed . I got up to feed Henry his breakfast; but this time something wasn't right. Normally,Henry would come out running from under the his log when it was time to eat. However he wasn't coming out. I lowered the worms in the cage. Still nothing. I carefully lifted the log and he was just laying there with his eyes closed. Thinking he was still asleep I gently nudged him. Still nothing. That's when I started to panic. Henry was my best friend, and he wasn't moving!

Ari pov
I heard Quinn having a panic attack so I ran up to her room. When I got there I saw her sitting on the floor with Henry in her hands frantically saying " Get up please!". When she saw me she cried " Henry not moving!!!" I walked up to her and asked her to pass him to me. When she did my suspicion was confirmed: he was dead.

I sighed and told her, "I'm sorry but I'm afraid he is dead" . Quinn just hollared with tears in her eyes saying " can't be!". I didn't know what else to say except " I'm sorry Quinn." I asked her if she wanted me to help bury him after breakfast. Her reply was "funeral before bury". I nodded my head and said " ok".

After breakfast.I fetched a box that was the perfect size for her lizard from the garage. When she said funeral she meant it. Putting that lizard in a box was not good enough.

Quinn pov

The box was nice but it was too plain. I wanted Henry to have the best funeral a lizard could have. He deserved a proper send off. He was my best friend and just placing him in a cardboard box would not do. Quite a few things had to be done before the funeral

1. Decorate his coffin

I painted the bottom of his coffin green and the top blue. I asked mommy if I could pick some flowers and she said yes; so I went to the yard and got some roses and daisies. I knew the flowers were too big so I took their petals off and laid them on the flood of the box. I also put a few more worms in thinking  " He could still wake up and be hungry "

2. Prepare the lizard

I carefully scooped my best friend's body into my right hand and brought him to the sink. He had some stuff on him and he deserved to be fresh and clean. So I washed him still praying he would wake up; But he didn't. Finally I placed him in his coffin and laid a red rose petal on top of him and put the lid on top. Then I walked down to mommy and said " funeral outside"

Ari pov
Seeing my baby girl so heartbroken made it hard for me not to cry. This lizard meant everything to her so I wanted to support her and pay my respects. After she gave some word such as " best friend", "always love you", and " never forget you " she dug a hold in the dirt near the big tree in our yard, put the box in and covered it up. For a few seconds she quietly stared down at Henry's grave. Then she turned to me and burst into tears.

😭😭😭