• Chapter 3 •

"JOE!!" I heard Gina yell outside of my office.

"JOE! Open the door, its important." She continued.

I put my pen down and opened the door. She rushed passed me with her phone in her hand.

"Sit down, you're gonna freak out over this."

"Um, alright." I said as I sat down.

"Have you been watching BET lately?"

"And this is important?" I asked as I slightly chuckled.

"Apparently not," she said as she answered her own question. "Look."

She aggressively put her hand down on the desk and shoved her phone in my face.

I leaned back and adjusted my glasses.

"New Edition Story," I said. "A movie that's on BET is so important?"

"Joe," she said giving me a serious look. "Look at the damn picture."

I squinted my eyes and saw my patient, Keith.

"Pretty weird, huh?" She smiled. "This is an advantage. You can become his sugar baby and buy those new red heels you've been wanting."

"Gina, I'm not about to become a gold digger and plus he's married."

"It's not being a gold digger if you both are benefiting from it. Ohh, how about you DON'T give him any sugar but still be his baby."

"How about no," I laughed. "Get out of my office."

"But Joe," she whined, "you still care about him don't you?"

"Yeah, I care....about him getting better." I got up and pushed her towards the door.

"Ugh, this is why you won't get a man. That smart ass mouth gone get you in trouble."

"I'd rather have a smart one than a dirty one." I said as I opened the door and slightly pushed her out.

She turned around, "you need to watch that movie with me. This weekend."

"Alright," I smiled.

"Not playing," she said as she pointed her finger at me and walked off.

I chuckled and went back into my office.

☽☽☽

Since i didn't have many patients today, I decided to chat with the woman at the desk, Callie.

Our conversation was very random, but mainly it was about her gushing over how 'loyal' and 'faithful' her boyfriend was to her.

"Girl, you would not believe what he bought me yesterday." Callie said as she put on the biggest smile.

"What?" I asked as I leaned against the desk.

"He bought me a ring," she held out her left hand and there it was. A sparkling diamond ring, pretty expensive for the type of work her boyfriend does.

Who am I to judge? I'm just a therapist.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She asked as she examined it.