• Chapter 10 •

1 Month later

Weeks and weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything from Keith since the day after Malena's funeral. Maybe he's still mourning.
Whenever I did call or text him, he never answered.

I was starting to get depressed and I know that I shouldn't because.. he's not mine. Its alright to fantasize about someone you really like..but when it's everyday, there's a problem. It's unhealthy.

The way he looks at me with his beady eyes, his unforgettable smile, and his caring personality. It never changed. The fact that he's still head over heels for Rosa is upsetting. After all she's done to him, he still wants her.

I'm getting ahead of myself, I should go back to sleep.

☽☽☽

I sat outside in my garden as the wind blew through my hair. Today was peaceful, I didn't want any trouble today.

"Josephine! Where you at?!" I heard. I jumped up and walked inside to find Gina looking around.

"How did you get in?"

"Spare keys," Gina smiled as she held up a key.

"Without my permission, good job." I joked. I walked to my kitchen and grabbed a water bottle for us. "How is Keith?"

"Keith?" She asked. "Oh yeah! He's doing great. I told him everything he needed to do to improve his memory. Like eating food with saturated fat, you know like red meat, cheese, and his favorite that he was excited about."

"What was that?" I asked. I slid a water bottle across the island towards her.

"Ice cream," she laughed. I smiled.

"I also told him to start exercising in the morning, get enough sleep," she sighed. "So far he's doing great."

"Hm, that's better than what I could've done. I kinda didn't know what I was doing." I smiled.

"You're a therapist with multiple skills, but helping with memory isn't.

"I know..but I still wanted to help him. It's just-"

"I get it, Joe. How about you, Tony and I go to our high school reunion tomorrow. It's gonna be fun," she said.

"And I get to see the people that hated my guts because I was dating the star football player? Sure, that's gonna be fun." I said sarcastically.

"I have this," she said pulling out a bottle of chemical mace. "They won't touch us. I remember spraying all the haters back in high school with this."

I laughed, "you spray the wrong people. You 'accidentally' sprayed the PE coach when he caught us skipping class."

"The guy always wear grey shirts so we can see his armpit sweat, which is totally disgusting. He's doesn't do anything, he stands around all day with his hands on his hips, yelling at innocent children." She sighed as she rolled her eyes.

"You're right, he was kind of a moron."

"No he was a dick, not a moron." She corrected. "Speaking of dick, have you had any lately?"