Chapter 1

Disclaimer:
I own nothing, the world and all the characters belong to the amazing Shannon Messenger!

Sophie was in the yard of Havenfield studying with her friends Biana, Dex, Fitz, and Keefe. Keefe had just 'accidentally' broke a pen spilling ink all over Sophie's paper due tomorrow when the sky suddenly turned dark.

"What's-" one of them started.
"Hey!"
"Help!"

A hand covered Sophie's mouth, "You scream, you die."

Sophie screamed.

Another hand wrapped around her neck squeezing until she was unable to breath.
"What did I say!"

Sophie faintly smelt smoke. Suddenly there was a flash of reddish orange light, and a crackling sound; like the laugh of a witch.

A roaring fire surrounded Sophie. Her skin felt as though it were about to melt off.

Then a cloth was put over Sophie's mouth.
"Remember this?" The voice of the man holding her asked, sounding as though he were smirking.

Sophie's nose suddenly burned from the sweet smell of the gag. A sedative.

Sophie's mind started to fog, and her vision, the little she could see, blurred.

"I'm going to enjoy this little puppet," the voice said, before Sophie collapsed.

Hey guys! This is my first time using wattpad, so if you could give me tips on how to use it and all that would be great. Also if you could give me some tips or things you didn't like in my writing that would be appreciated!! What did you think of chapter 1??

~penguin9007