Chapter 5

*Fitz's POV*

Slowly I turn around to see Keefe standing there, arms crossed and eyebrows raised.
"So, Foster huh?"

"I have no clue what you're talking about," I say trying to sound nonchalant.

"Riiiiiiiiiight. I just didn't realize you had an interest in our Foster."

I feel my cheeks burn red; I hope Keefe can't see it in this darkness.

"I don't like, I mean um, I uh Sophie-" I silently curse myself for my stuttering.
"Sophie is just a friend," I finally say.

Keefe gives me an odd look. "Just a friend? When will you realize you can't lie to an empath?"

I just look away. I can't let him know of my feelings for her, it would only create problems for our friendship; I know he has feelings for her also.

Why did I ever think I had a chance. Why would Sophie want to be with me when she could have Keefe? How could I be so stupid? To think she could ever like me.

------------------------------------the next day----------------------------

*Keefe's POV*

Fitz, Dex, and I are all gathered in my room. Apparently Dex found out about Fitz's walk with Sophie last night too.

Some confessions have been made. As of what I have found in the last hour...all three of us have feeling for Foster. And let's just say it hasn't ended well.

"You're technically her cousin!" Fitz shouts. Dex glares. "Well why on earth would she want you?!? You just sit around on your spoiled Vacker throne whining about your life."

"I don't whine about my life!"
"Actually..." I say.

"Shut up Keefe! As if you'd stand a chance." Fitz says.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"
"Congratulations you can read emotions, ooooooo. So amazing. Whereas I am one of the most powerful elves to ever exist."

"Well you know what reading emotions has done for me?!" I pause for a moment, trying to look superior. "I've found out that Sophie actually returns my feelings. Can you two say the same?"

It's not a lie, but I just left out the part that she likes all of us on some level. Especially Fitz...
But that means nothing.

"How would you like to say that under a lie detector device I built?" Dex asks.

"Ummmmmmm, I'm good." I mutter.
Dex smirks. "That's what I thought."

"Looks like we'll just have to see who she likes best." Fitz says after a moment.
"Let the best man win." I agree.

I'm so sorry for not posting. How do you like it so far?

Vote and comment!! I'd love to hear what you think! Thanks!

~ penguin9007