Chapter 8

I'm going to guess no matter who's team you're on, you're probably going to get mad at some point in this chapter. Please don't hate me!!!
(But please please please read until the end!!! That is important!)

*Sophie's POV*

As soon as I say that I rush out of Fitz's room. I shouldn't have said that. I really shouldn't have said that. It just kind of came out. I wish I could go back in time and change what I said. I wish.

My vision is blurred, and my footing is more unsteady then usual. What if he figures it out, what if he knows, what if-

No

I've worked so hard to make sure no one would figure this out; my deepest darkest secret. But my big stupid mouth got the best of me, and it just slipped out!

I'm rushing through the hall (crashing into the wall quite a lot), and I'm almost to my room when suddenly I smash into someone.

Someone with gorgeous ice blue eyes that I swim in; drown in every time I look in them, and hair better then any human model could ever achieve. In other words, Keefe.

Keefe takes a step back from the force of me hitting him before stepping forward and crushing me in a hug. "Hey," he whispers into my hair.

I'm blushing. My face is probably redder then a tomato.

I don't know how long we stood there just hugging, but it was refreshing.

"Hey Foster," Keefe says, breaking the hug. "You don't look to good. Have you been sleeping at all?"
I duck my head, giving away I hadn't been sleeping. Truth be told I just couldn't. With all that happened with the Black Swan and the Neverseen and... Mr. Forkle.

I just can't.

Now with all this drama here... I honestly don't know how anyone could sleep.

Keefe seems to be able to understand through my emotions and gives a little nod. "I understand Foster."

Suddenly I feel extremely tired and start swaying on my feet.

"Come on Foster." Keefe puts an arm around my waist, mostly carrying me to my room. He lays me down on my bed.

I'm barely able to keep my eyes open, and sleep is tugging them down slowly. Suddenly I think it's a great time to tell him. Keefe starts walking away when I mumble in my half sleep state, "Keefe I..."

"Sweet dreams Foster."

I smile before falling into a deep deep sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up the next morning after probably the best nights sleep I've gotten in weeks. I'd forgotten what it felt like.

I get up out of bed pumped to start my day. This was going to be a great day I decided.

But that was before I knew all the drama this day had in store...

*Keefe's POV*

I am in love with Sophie Foster.

I know anyone would say I haven't known her long enough, or I'm just a kid, or I'm mistaking this as some stupid crush, but anyone who says that is wrong. I'm in love with her. I know it. I mean I have an entire class dedicated to studying emotions!!!!! You'd think I'd know if I were in love with someone. And I know I am.

Today would be the day I was finally going to let Foster know how I feel. She at least deserved the truth. I wasn't going to pretend all she was to me was a friend any longer.

I stand in front of my mirror fixing up my hair, and outfit. I wanted to look perfect for her.

I had picked the nicest outfit from my closet and spent extra long on my hair this morning. My father would approve of how I look, I think in disgust.

With one last look in the mirror, I leave the room. I take a deep breathe.

Here I come Foster.

Here I come.

I stand in front of her door for probably ten minutes working up the nerve to knock.

Finally I place my hand on the door and... it swings open a bit. Must have been left open a bit. But

Wait that wouldn't make sense. It was still early in the morning, Sophie wouldn't have come out of her room yet. If she hadn't left her room why would her door be slightly opened?

Though the door is open just a crack now, it's enough.

I see them.

Sophie stands there in an tight hug with Fitz. He leans in closer, and whispers something in her ear. She giggles.

I can't stand this. I can't watch this. Yet somehow I'm still standing here glued to the scene.

And then it happens. The thing I feared the most. Fitz leans in, and kisses her.

I finally rip my tear filled eyes away from the scene, and run towards my room. This could not be happening.

He kissed Foster. Fitz kissed Foster. My Foster. My Sophie.

I never thought this to be possible. Foster's emotions always indicated she liked me back; she never felt the same around Fitz. I had knew she liked him to some degree, but her emotions had always told me it was me she liked better.

Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

It didn't matter now though. It was over. Foster was gone.

I'm sitting on the floor, slumped against the wall when I hear a knock on the door.
"Go away," I say in a scratchy voice.

The person doesn't listen. The door is slowly opened despite my request.

"Keefe, what's wrong?" A tiny voice is speaking, and I don't even have to look up to know who it is.

What did Foster want now? Couldn't she see I didn't want to talk. And especially to her.

It was all over now. She has chose Fitz. Why did I ever think I had a chance? My heart is shattered, it's split into millions of little pieces. I want to cry myself to sleep and never have to get up, I want to be left alone forever. Because what's the point of going on with a day if I don't have Foster with me.

She comes over a sits down right next to me. My heart starts beating faster. How stupid is this, she's gone yet I'm still affected by her.

And I will be for the rest of my life.

"Keefe," she says trying to catch my eye. "Keefe, there's something you need to know."

There's something in her voice that makes me look up. She leans in close and whispers something in my ear.

My eyes widen, and I start to grin.

This

changes

everything.