Chapter 10

Yes I am well aware that it is not Wednesday, but I will be busy all of tomorrow, so you guys get the chapter a day early! Yay!!

*Sophie's POV*

I push him back, wide eyed.

"Fitz..." I try. "Fitz I can't."

I hear footsteps running down the hall. No. That couldn't be who I think it was. He couldn't have saw.

Fitz sees my face and nods. "I figured it wouldn't be me. I knew I would never stand a chance with you."

"Fitz I'm sorry. I just can't think of you that way. You're one of my closest friends, nothing more." I say in a way trying not to hurt him more.

He simply nods. "It's ok Sophie. I knew it wouldn't be me. I just had to try."

"I used to like you." I whisper.

"I know."

"Wait what?! You knew!" I ask horrified.

"I did, but I watched as I did nothing and slowly I lost you. Maybe if I had actually tried." A tear runs down his face. "I'm happy for Keefe though. I really am." He tries to put a smile on his face.

"What does that mean?" I whisper, my eyes are wide in shock.

"Why don't you go find him." Fitz suggests.

I look hesitantly at him. "I'm fine," he says. "Go."

I wrap my arms around him in a tight hug. "Thank you. You're an amazing friend."
He smiles.

I run out of the room and down the hallway to Keefe's room. Taking a deep breath I knock on the door. I hold my breath waiting for him to open it.

"Go away." Keefe's choked voice says.

I stare with tear filled eyes at the door. He saw. Didn't he? Despite what he said, I open the door.

I have to make this right.

Inside I find him slumped against the left wall. With tear streaks down his face.

Oh God.
This was all my fault.

Even though I already know what's wrong, in a small voice I say, "Keefe, what's wrong?"

My eyes fill with tears as he ignores me. Slowly I walk over and sit next to him. He doesn't look at me.

"Keefe." I try to catch his eyes. "Keefe there's something you need to know." I'm practically begging.

He finally looks at me.

I take a deep breath and whisper the words I need to tell him. The words I should have told him a long long time ago. The words that will change everything.

Keefe starts to grin.
Maybe there's a chance.

I'll never forget these words I told him. The three words that will change everything. For better or worse,

"I choose you."

I can finally say I am on Team Keefe!!! TEAM SOKEEFE FOREVER!!!!!!!! And I know I'm disappointing a lot of Fitz supporters out there, so I'm sorta sorry. (but not really, I only feel bad for you because somehow you believe Fitz is better then Keefe, and that's just sad)

❤Lots of love❤

~ penguin9007