19 || Home

"Rohan."

Aarohi said softly. When he didn't respond, Aarohi turned towards him in their bed and cuddled up to his side.

"Rohan." She tried again.

"Kya yaar?" Rohan muttered in his sleep turning the other way as Aarohi rolled her eyes.

She had missed her period and she was scared that she was pregnant.

Aarohi needed to know how Rohan felt about having a child. While Rohan did not explicitly say much about his family, Aarohi had guessed that he and his family weren't too welcoming. Shayana had once mentioned that there was tension between him and his father, but Aarohi had no idea about his mother.

Her parents had stopped caring for her the moment that she had fell in love with Rahul and after his death, they had made a point to check up on her. However as an only child, her parents depended on her for money which she had no problem giving them and in exchange they never mentioned her affair with Rohan.

If she was pregnant, Aarohi just wanted this child to be loved much as possible.

"Can we talk, please Rohan?"

By hearing the uneasiness in her voice, Rohan sat up straight, "Jaan, Aap thik to ho?" (Are you fine?)

"I can't sleep." She admitted, "Sorry that I woke you."

Rohan, who was wide awake now, slid his arm around Aarohi's shoulders, pulling her closer to him, "You can wake me up at any hour, Jaan." He kissed her forehead.

Aarohi grinned. She loved this side of Rohan that he kept hidden from the rest of the world.

"So what's keeping you up?"

Aarohi took a deep breath. It was either now or never.

"I've been thinking..." She trailed off.

"Bachcha ." (Kids.)

Rohan looked confused, "Bachcha? Aarohi?"

"I know it's too much since we're only engaged but I can't...." Aarohi said as her eyes began to tear up.

"Shh. Jaan..." Rohan said not sure how they got onto the topic of kids but he just held her.

"I don't mind having kids with you." Rohan said breaking the silence.

"Aap jhoot nahi bolta?" (Are you lying?)

Rohan sighed, "I'm not but I don't feel ready yet...to be a father...I want my career to be secure enough before we start having mini mes ran around."

Aarohi giggled.

"You only want to have sons?" She said sounding serious.

Rohan rolled his eyes, "Duh. I want sons and I also want cute daughters like you."

Aarohi shook her head playfully.

"But I am serious about securing my career first. I don't want my kids growing up homeless or struggling because we weren't able to have a job that pays well." Rohan paused to make sure that Aarohi was paying attention, "And I want to be able to spend time with them and watch them grow up."

Aarohi wanted to ask more but Rohan turned to her, "We have to go to sleep because you have to go to the studio to record Jaan."

Woof. Woof.