Backstory

You were just a normal college student at Cornell University and not only were you the brightest on campus, but you were one of the smartest and youngest scientist in the world. You were no Angela Ziegler, but you were close, considering that she got her doctorate by age 16. You had a bachelors in physics and engineering by fourteen and earned your PhD in physics by nineteen since you had more interest in physics, especially in quantum physics. But your achievements caught the eye of Overwatch, especially with the predicament they had at the moment. You enjoyed the work and the company of Dr. Ziegler and Winston but deep down you yurned for adventure and you wanted to not only be dispatched on more field missions, but you wanted to become an active agent of Overwatch like Ana, Reinhardt, McCree (even though he was part of Blackwatch) and Tracer. Lena was one of the reasons why you wanted to be an active agent of Overwatch, because not only would you be able to be around her more when you go on missions, it was because even after her accident with the slipstream, she chose to stay with Overwatch to protect others and make a difference in the world. And that's what made Lena special to you, with her smile, her joyful personality, that soft voice of hers, especially with her accent and her laugh, god that laugh of hers just made you melt. She was just perfect to you. Although she was very capable of taking care of herself out in the field, you still felt the need to protect her, cause not many people like that were in the world. And that's what Overwatch was all about to you, keeping others and the world safe, no matter the cost.  After showing signs of what an Overwatch agent should be, you almost had your chance to be one, but Overwatch was shutdown and everyone went their separate ways.

 Except you and Winston and his AI Athena, you decided to stay with Winston, cause hey someone had to keep the big guy company.  You would help Winston with his experiments and in your free time, you would mostly be in the practice range, working on your aim, perfecting your fight style, pumping iron to get stronger. You didn't do this just to kill time, you were getting ready for the day that Overwatch would be needed again and you would finally be deployed to fight for and protect others, humans and omnics.