Chapter 4: The Anchor

You woke up to the alarm from your digital clock on the nightstand and reached over to press the snooze button on it. The alarm went silent and you fell back asleep. At least, you almost did until the backup alarm you set up on your phone went off five minutes later. Except it wasn't playing a normal alarm to wake you up, instead what came blaring out was Eruption by Van Halen and you lept out of bed to turn it off.

"Okay! I'm up! I'm up!" You turned off the alarm and went into the bathroom to get ready for today. After you showered, fixed your hair and brushed your teeth, you put on your lab coat over your clothes, attached your Overwatch ID badge to your coat, grabbed your notes and headed to the mess hall for breakfast.It was 7:10 in the morning when you got to the mess hall and just in time too before what looked like the whole base come in behind you. You got yourself some eggs, bacon, hash browns , a waffle and some orange juice and went to look for a place to sit down.

(A/U Note: Or you got pancakes if that's your preference. Not trying to start a war here. )

 It didn't take long to find a spot, when you heard someone call your name.

"(Y/N)! Over here! Sit with us!" Angela said as she waved to you. You went to the table to see she was sitting with Winston.

"Good morning (Y/N). Sleep well?" Winston asked.

"I did. Thanks for asking." You said as you sat down.

"Are you looking forward to getting to work?" Angela asked.

"Oh you have no idea how excited I am for this. How's Lena doing? Any changes?"

"Nein. She's still disappearing from time to time."

Hopefully you could change that and help Tracer get back to living a normal life. While you were eating your breakfast, you saw what looked to be an omnic walking towards one of the tables. You looked closer and saw that it wasn't an omnic. It was a man. Most of the body was covered in what looked to be cybernetic components. All that appeared to be human was his head, the left side of his abdomen and his left arm, which were all  covered in scars. Everything else was machine. As he was walking, he passed by a table that had some guys dressed in black. You only knew one person that was sitting there and that was Commander Reyes. There were a few others and one seemed to be wearing a cowboy hat. As the cyborg walked pass them, the one wearing the cowboy hat called out to him.

"Hey Genji. Do that knife trick of yours again!" the cowboy asked. The cyborg turned around ,stood there and stared at him with his red eyes. "Come on! Just one time that's it!" He said as he held a knife that he got from his boot. Genji stared at him for a couple of seconds more and he grasped the knife from him and flipped it over his hand a few times to get a feel for it. "Alright! Watch this guys. It's pretty amazin' how he does this." He said as the cyborg put his hand on the table. Just then Commander Reyes got up and went  behind the cowboy to put him in a headlock with his elbo, grabbed the cowboy's left hand and put it on the table next to Genji's.

"Hey boss, what are you doing?"

"Don't move." Reyes said

"Quit messin' around and let me go boss! Come on."

"Mccree shut up."

"Someone lend me a hand here? Genji?" the cowboy said with a bit of laugh. But he wasn't laughing much when the cyborg put his hand over the cowboy's.

"Do it Genji." Reyes said with a smile.

"Hey not me boss!" 

"Yeah you. You asked for it." Reyes said as Genji moved the knife between their fingers to warm up.