Chapter 12: Said the Joker to the Thief

(AU Note- Heads up, the parents are being used in this chapter and I know that some of you may not have a good relationship with your parents or you don't want to use them because it may make you feel weird. So if you want you can use your imagination to think of different people to be them. For me, I just picture Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Katey Sagal cause if my life was to ever be a movie, they would play my parents.)

3rd P.O.V.

Overwatch Headquarters 

Zurich, Switzerland

Day 22 of the King's Row Uprising

11:18 A.M.

Captain Amari was standing in the middle of the communications room, looking at each and every screen. Although it would have been better to just look at one since they were all showing the same thing;  the King's Row Uprising.  What made it hard was the fact that they couldn't do a damn thing about it. How can an organization that was made to save the world just stand by because of the ignorant pride and politics of old men? 

"Captain Amari!" One of the tech officers shouted. Amari turned her attention to the young blonde woman who called to her. "We just received a message from inside King's Row."

"Put it on the main screen and call for Reyes and Morrison." One of the other officers got on contacting the commanders while the message was put on screen. What came up on screen was a mess of numbers, letters and symbols Ana had never seen before. "What am I looking at Officer Jiles?"

"It seems to be a combination of Binary and Hexadecimal, Captain. Shouldn't take long to translate to English." 

"Does anything tell us who it's from?"

"No, Ma'am. I'm sorry but perhaps once it's finished being deciphered we'll know."

It wasn't long until Commanders Morrison and Reyes entered the big room to see what news they had received. "Who sent the message? Null Sector?" Morrison asked. "Doubt it's a terms of surrender." Reyes added. "Whatever it is, hopefully it will be something to convince the Prime Minister to let us do our job."

"Message decryption at 97%. 98. 99. Complete. Displaying on main screen." Tech Officer Jiles said. The monitor at the head of the room opened up a blue display wrote the message in white letters:

Still alive. No way out.  Bring me home. Nanu nanu*.

The three of them stood there, looking at every single letter of the message. Although the last bit of the message was a bit confusing. 

"Nanu nanu?" Reyes asked.

"Who sent this?" Morrison questioned. The tech officers were running the numbers from the message to see where it came from. One of the comms officers came up to commander Morrison, "Sir the numbers from the route that the message came from; they seem to match the serial number of Dr. (L/N) communicator but they are out of place and there are more numbers attached to it that don't match our records."

"So it's from (Y/N)?" Ana asked with a bit of urgency. 

"Or Null Sector, trying to lure us into a trap." Reyes added.

"W-well there could a-a-a couple of explanations." The young comms officer stuttered. " We know that Null Sector has different kinds of units deployed in the area, with the little surveillance in King's Row we've gotten. Now it is possible that Dr.(L/N) found a partially destroyed unit and hooked up their communicator to the omnic's systems to boost the message through Null Sector's jammers and to sort of camouflage the message as one of Null Sector's. That prove's Captain Amari's point, however Commander Reyes could be right. It's possible that perhaps Dr. (L/N) dropped his communicator somewhere and Null Sector picked it up to send a phony message. Thus they may be trying to trick us or the British government to send help and they'd be walking into a trap."