Chapter 13: A Rendezvous with Death

Tracer P.O.V.

Day 28 of the King's Row Uprising

Overwatch Headquarters

Zürich, Switzerland 

Today was the day: The day I prove that I have what it takes to become an Overwatch field agent. I was walking down the corridor with Winston, going over what they'll be tracking and looking for but not giving me much on what to expect. All I know is that I'll run the course as usual but I'll only have one go at it and after that I'm supposed to spar with a live opponent. I wonder who it's going to be?

Winston walked me into the big room and the entry to the course was right in front. To my left was a table that had the two pistols I had been using ever since I began my training. Before I picked them up, I looked down at my accelerator and thought about what it took for me to get here.

From getting into the flight academy, going into the test flight program, the day with the slipstream, being lost in time to disappearing day and night. Then it got better; I was cured or at least as close as I can get. All thanks to the new friends I made along the way, especially Winston and (Y/N).

Flashback: Overwatch HQ

Containment Room/Lab

Three days before creation of acclerator

8:02 P.M.

I looked down to see the small wristwatch looking thingamabob in the box that was slid in to my special room. Sitting down with my legs crossed,  I held it in my hands.

"You got me a watch?" 

"It's not a watch." (Y/N) said from the other room. It was dinner time, but he got food and came back to keep me company. It was nice of him. "It's a device that scans your molecules that will indicate that you are here on this plane of existence in a physical state."

I have no idea what he said. "Wut?"

"It lets me know if you're here or not, I got one too." (Y/N) said picking up his (dominant side) wrist, showing me one just like it. "Go ahead, put it on".

I strapped the device onto my wrist and (Y/N) walked me through the rest of it. "Okay, so you see that button on the side with an orange stripe?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, on my go press it and hold it down for about five seconds. Ready?"

"Ready?"

"Mark!" We pressed down on the button on each of our watches at the same time. After about five seconds, the screen of the watch lit up with the Overwatch logo. Then the light on the far side on top of the watch turned green. "There, we're synced."

"Do Winston and Dr.Ziegler have these too?"

"No, not yet. I just finished making these today."

"Rubbish." 

"I did! Wasn't that hard, especially when you know a thing or a hundred about electrical engineering."

"Oh, really? Is one of the things knowing how to make a stalker watch?" 

That threw him off, "N-N-No, it-it's not a stalker watch. It doesn't tell me where you are, it only tells me if you're here. Nothing-nothing more." He said as he covered his mouth with his hand, trying to hide it but I could tell he was blushing. 

"Just kiddin' with you, love. I like it." I looked back up to see our eyes meet, (Y/N) had really nice (E/C) colored eyes. I don't know what it was but it felt as though we knew each other, like as if we met before. Shaking the feeling, we both smiled and went back to whatever we were doing.  I sat down by the middle window while (Y/N) went back to doing whatever science-y stuff he was doing.