Chapter 1 : Like Any Other Day, Except Today

You wake up to your alarm which had the time of 6:45 a.m. with the date of May 7th, 2069. You rise up and shake your head so you don't fall back asleep as you look around your dorm room and you spot your calendar. You walk up to it and put your finger on the seventh to see what was planned. And there written in red ink was "Quantum Physics Final. Mrs. Everson. 8:15 a.m.". Now most students would be worried, pulling their hair, sitting against the wall with their head against their knees and be on their 10th pot of coffee so they could at least have a chance of passing this final. But not you, you just pulled your finger off the calendar and smiled .

" Just another day of class." you said to yourself.

But this was more than just another test you were going to totally ace, but it would be your last final you'd have to take and you'll earn your doctorate in physics.  Sure you could have continued your double major of physics and engineering, but physics was more of your thing.

"Easy for you to say." a voice said from the other side of the room.

"Morning Chase." you responded.

"Morning (Y/N)." He replied still trying to wake up. Chase was your roomate since you enrolled into Cornell and you guys just clicked since you met. You both obviously enjoyed the sciences, you both played and liked the same video games and you two would also liked to read comic books, although Chase had more of a taste for DC and you were more a Marvel comics person, but you still liked both. Chase was from Seattle, Washington and was Asian-American, with his family being from Japan. " You ready for the final?" he asked.

"You know it." 

" Of course you are ." he said with a smirk and you've seen it enough to know what that means. It means that you can pass it no problem, but I'm gonna be struggling to finish.

You looked at Chase and said " Hey, your gonna do fine. Just remember what we've reviewed in the past two weeks and the review Mrs. Everson gave us and you'll get through it."

He looked a bit more lifted after hearing that, but it wasn't convincing enough to you.

"How about this? Instead of finishing and leaving first as i usually do, I'll finish my test but wait to leave until you're done, how about that?"

Chase chuckled and smiled, "Nah you don't have to do that. You're right though, as long as I remember what we learned in class and what you've taught me these past two weeks, I'll be OK. Heck, we might finish at the same time!"

"Well you had the smartest guy on campus as your study buddy, so I wouldn't be surprised. Alright I'm gonna go ahead and shower"

"OK don't take too long, I still need to take one." he said as he sniffed his armpit. "I haven't taken one in a week."

You walk into the bathroom and start the shower and began your usual routine. As you were washing up, you grabbed the removable shower head and sang into the back of it, "I recall central park in fall. How you tore your dress! What a Mess! I confess."*

You brushed your teeth, fixed your hair the way you liked it (think of David Tennant's hair from Doctor Who, pictures below or whatever your preferred style) put on a pair dark blue jeans, threw on a (f/c) t-shirt with your leather jacket zipped open( again picture below or whatever you prefer to wear on top of a t-shirt), tied the laces to your red converse sneakers and waited for Chase to be ready.