Chapter 14: Turning the Tide

Tracer P.O.V.

As confident as I was about this, I couldn't shake off my first mission jitters. I looked around to see everyone getting ready for what was ahead. Reinhardt raised his shield, Torbjorn was hammering away at his turret, Dr. Ziegler had her staff ready should any of us get hurt, the cowboy in black spun his gun while me and (Y/N) stood behind a cab. There was a few scratches on his face and his (H/C) hair had grown a bit bushy. I could hear him breathing heavy and could see him sweat a bit, it was obvious how tense he was. Being trapped here for almost a month, I can't even imagine what's going through his mind right now.

"Oi!" I called out to him and got his attention. "Don't worry love, cavalry's here."

He nodded and smiled back at me, "Yeah. You watch my back, I watch yours."*

Nodding back to agree, we heard clanking coming from outside the garage. Reinhardt turned his head to us"Team! Stand ready! Here they cooome!"

Four Null troopers came at us from the right side. Reinhardt and Torbjorn were able to handle them and keep them out of the garage. I heard clanking footsteps coming from behind.

" Enemies behind us, by the stairs!" I blinked up the stairs and past two Null Troopers, shooting them down before they could turn around. Heading back down the garage, I could see Reinhardt and Torbjorn outside dealing with more Null Troopers. It looked like they could use some help.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Tracer blinked out of garage to help Torb and Reinhardt keep Null Sector out. You stood by Dr. Ziegler and leaned over to her, "She's doing pretty well so far." 

"Indeed. The accelerator seems to be holding well in a combat setting." She said, agreeing with you.

"Yeah. That and she really fits into the whole field agent part. She's moving like a natural."

Unknown to you, Mercy looked at you and smiled slightly. Tracer blinked back into the garage with Reinhardt and Torbjorn behind her.

"See? Nothing to worry about rookie." Reinhardt said with confident booming voice.

"Who said I was worried?" Lena asked with a cheeky attitude.

"Well, you forgot to tie your shoes." The lieutenant pointed out.

"Oh!" Tracer realized as she looked down at her feet, "Wait, my shoes don't have laces?"

You held in a small laugh as you all gathered in the garage. "I wasn't expecting my first mission to be this easy. These guys barely put up a fight." Tracer said.

" They're supposed to be. Null Sector is just testing our numbers. Tryin' to see what we're made of." McCree added as he filled his revolver with six fresh bullets. He was right, loud sounds of brashing, clanking metal were coming from all directions.  "How much longer for the hack?" Reinhardt asked.

"Hack at 65% percent completion. Just hold out for a bit longer." Commander Morrison said over the comms channel.

Facing the front, you got ready for the next wave of Null Sector. McCree stood next to you as Reinhardt raised his shield. "Hey, how do you have more bullets? I thought you were out?" you asked him. McCree tapped the heel of his right boot. "I like to be prepared." Secret compartment. Guy may stick out like Dr. New Jersey*, but he doesn't have a tumbleweed for a brain.

More Null Sector came in through the front of the garage, but you all managed to keep them at bay. Some would try to take the stairs and attack from behind but Lena would blink past them and shoot them down. You stayed near Angela, just in case you got hurt and needed healing.