Chapter 1

Mitch POV:

Scott Hoying, the boy in my history class. My crush since the beginning of this year.

He was one of the popular guys and was seated right in front of me. A bonus point for me, that means I could stare at him all the time.

I was just a regular guy, nobody really paid attention to me. I wasn't popular, but I also wasn't seen as "the nerd". I was exactly in the middle and I loved it. I never really got in trouble and was mostly remained unnoticed.

I had one best friend: Kirstin Maldonado. She sat next to me in history class and also knew about my crush. She always encouraged me to go talk to him, but I was too shy to do so. Besides I didn't even know if he was gay. I really hoped so, but a boy can only dream.

Most of the time my history class went like this: Everybody came in, the teacher started talking, nobody really paid attention, I was staring at the blond god in front of me and then the bell would ring.

But this time was different. When we all came in, we immediatly noticed the teacher was not in a good mood today. He looked like he could explode any given moment. He also made a new homework rule. Today Mr. Hayes decided to pick one person, who had to show the homework that we had to make for that day. And quite honestly, nobody really made their homework for history, cause Mr. Hayes never checks it. So why making it, if you honestly don't have to.

Of course my smart self hadn't made it as well. So there I was praying Mr. Hayes wouldn't pick me, while he scanned the classroom with his eyes.

"Mitchell Grassi" He shouted

Of course it was me. God I hated when people used my full name. I slowly looked up and saw the two piercing eyes from the teacher looking at me. I waited a few seconds before I spoke up.

"I didn't make it Mr. Hayes." I said softly.

"What did you say? You didn't make it Mr. Grassi? That isn't very smart of you. I'm afraid I have to punish you now then. Detention!" He shouted through the whole class.

Detention?! I never got in trouble, I never have had detention before! And to make this even worse, Scott heard this all too. Great, just great.

Kirstie was also in shock. Most of the time Mr. Hayes was pretty chill, but today he turned into some kind of monster.

I spend the rest of that class mostly quiet and tried to not get into more trouble. Suddenly I heard Mr. Hayes scream again.

"Detention for you too, Mr. Hoying"

Wait, what? Scott got in trouble too? I was so in my head that I didn't pay attention to the lesson at all. I looked over at Kirstie and she smirked at me.

"Looks like you and your boyfriend gonna spent some time together." She whispered in my ear.

"First of all he is not my boyfriend, and second of all what the hell am I supposed to do?! It's probably gonna be super awkward. Kirst, help me!" I whisper yelled back.

"Relax, it's gonna be great. He's going to ask you out and you'll be the most perfect couple of the whole school. You're going to get married and adopt beautiful children. And you'll live a long and happy life with him."

"Yeah right, maybe in a Disney movie. Thanks for helping hun." I said sighing.

Luckily the bell rang soon after that conversation. I tried to get out of that class as soon as possible. The few classes I had after that I tried to mentally prepare myself for detention. I was probably going to sit alone with Scott Hoying in a classroom. Okay I could do this. I just had to make sure I wasn't going to embarrass myself, wich was a hard task for me.

The bell for luch rang way to soon. I made my way over to the classroom where detention would be held. When I walked into the classroom, I saw that I was the first one besides the teacher.

"Well hello, Mr. Grassi. Go take a seat." He paused a little while before continuing. "To be honest, I didn't expect this from you. I thought that you were always the kid who paid good attention and made their homework. But I guess I was wrong" He sighed and made his way over to his desk. All that time I remained silent.

A few minutes later Scott walked in.

"Mr. Hoying, even for detention you're late. Go sit behind Mr. Grassi"

Shit, now I couldn't stare at him. Yep, that was the only thing I could think about. Call me weird. We sat a little while in silence. Before Mr. Hayes suddenly spoke up.

"I need to grab something from another classroom. Don't go anywhere and remain silent. I'll be back in five minutes."

Did mr. Hayes really think it was a smart idea to leave two students in an empty classroom? I guess I will never understand teachers. 

When he walked out I felt a kick to the back of my chair. I turned around to be met with the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen. It was like I was staring into an ocean, that's how blue they were. It felt like I could literally drown in them.

"Hey, Mitch. Wanna get outta here?" Scott said to me.

He knew my name! He knew my name! Okay Mitch calm down. Wait he wanted to sneak out? I debated whether I should go with him or not. You know what fuck it. This is Scott Hoying, my alltime chrush and by the way mr. Hayes didn't like me anymore anyway. School was the last thing I worried about at that moment.

"You know what, yes let's go."

He grabbed my hand and I felt a tingling feeling inside. He quickly let go though and we sneaked out of the school building.

"Come, I know a place where we can stay for a few hours and not get caught." He was such a bad boy and I loved it. 

He walked to a nearby park and I followed him. The park was beautiful to be honest, I had never been here and I was pleasantly surprised.

Scott sat down at a grass field and I sat down beside him. I didn't know what to say so I just remained silent. I would've never thought this morning that I would now sit here next to my crush, after I had sneaked out of school.

"I never would've thought you would come with me" Scott said suddenly.

"Why not?"

"Well, you're usually really quiet and I always thought of you as the "good" boy, you know."

"Well, I'm not. I'm bad ass." I joked

We laughed and continued our conversation. Even though I had a major chrush on him, I felt really comfortable around him. The more we talked the more I started to like him, if that was even possible.

He was just so sweet and I was always afraid he would be a jerk, since he was one of the popular guys.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're one of the popular guys, so I was afraid you wouldn't be seen with a nobody like me."

"Just because I'm popular doesn't mean I'm a jerk! By the way you're not a nobody, you're honestly really sweet and funny and I would love to hang out more." He said with a smile

I blushed and looked down. I didn't hope he noticed me blushing.

"Shall we go home? It's getting late." He said while standing up.

"Yeah, good idea."

We walked slowly back and Scott even wanted to walk me home. This was turning into one of those sappy scenes in a movie. The only problem here was that he didn't like me the way I liked him. Way too soon we were standing in front of my front door.

"Thanks for today, it was really fun. The only thing is we'll be in a lot of trouble tomorrow on school, but that doesn't matter for now." I said to Scott

"Yeah, it was really fun. I hope I see you at school tomorrow."

"I hope I see you too, bye."

"Bye Mitchy."

And with that he left. I stepped into my house with a tingling feeling inside. Scott was just so perfect. The first thing I had to do was calling Kirstie, cause I needed to tell her everything that had happened today.