Chapter 9

The radio played softly while Scott was driving.

"Where are we going exactly?"

"I'm not telling, it's a surprise." Scott said with a smile on his face.

"Of course." I said smiling while shaking my head softly.

I mostly looked out of the window. Every five minutes or so I looked at the time on my phone, to see how long we were driving already. When we hit the thirty minutes, I grew really impatient.

"Scotty, where are we going?! It's been half an hour already!"

Scott only smiled but said nothing. I said back in my chair with a loud 'hmpf' and my arms crossed over each other. We drove for another ten minutes or so before Scott finally parked somewhere.

We got out of the car and I saw that the sky was already beginning to darken a little bit. We were at a beautiful beach that I had never seen before. Next to the beach there was a small restaurant. It was very quiet and peaceful. This was absolutely worth the long drive.

I was so impressed by my surroundings that I had said nothing in a while. Scott noticed it too.

"Mitchy? You're usually not this quiet. Do you like the place I picked out?"

Instead of giving a verbal answer, I gave him a long hug.

"I love it, thank you for bringing me here." I spoke in his chest

He laughed at me and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. We just stood there for a few minutes. Just enjoying each other's company. We looked out over the beach and the calm sea.

"Shall we go eat?" Scott said

I nodded and he linked our fingers. I felt a storm of butterflies in my stomach. We walked in and somebody immediately came up to us. Scott spoke to the waitress and she directed us to a table with view over the beach and the sea.

The gentleman that Scott is, pulled my chair backwards for me to sit on, before he went to sit on the other side of the table.

"Wow the view is beautiful." I said to Scott while looking out the window.

"Yeah, it is, but you sure are too."

"O my God, stop!" I blushed and tried to hide my face in my hands. When I looked through my fingers, I saw Scott smiling at me.

Soon enough the waitress came back with the menu cards in her hand. Scott already knew what he wanted, but I was still deciding. Everything looked so good.

Because it was next to the beach, the restaurant was sea themed and served all kinds of seafood. Finally I decided on a piece of grilled salmon and we ordered our food.

While we waited on our food, I mostly looked out of the window, because the view was so beautiful.

"You know, after we ate, we can walk for a bit on the beach and hopefully look at the sunset."

"Really? That would be amazing. I don't know how I didn't know about this place before, but it's so beautiful. Thanks again for taking me here Scott. Being here with you makes it extra special." I said while I looked in his blue eyes.

Scott just smiled at me and for a moment we just looked into each other's eyes. It's almost turning into one of those sappy romantic movies, but to be honest it felt perfect.

After a while the waitress came back with damping plates in her hands. She set the plates down and my mouth began to water at the sight. It looked very good.

We both began eating and said nothing for a little while, just enjoying our food. When we were done eating, we were both very full, so we didn't even look at the desserts. Suddenly I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I quickly looked to check who it was and saw it was the mysterious person that had threatened to leak the "kissing on cheek" photo. Worry bottled up inside of me.

"I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back."

"Okay, be quick. I'll wait here." I flashed him one last smile, before I rushed into the bathroom.

Uknown: You have three more hours to call things off with Scott before I post the photo everywhere on the internet. And than will everyone know about your little thing with him.

The air became suddenly a lot thicker than it was just a few seconds ago and breathing became harder. The problem was not that I didn't want everyone to know what was going on between Scott and me. The problem was that Scott most likely didn't want anyone to know what was going on between us. If anyone found out he'll probably didn't want to see me anymore. I mean, I'm not one of the "cool" kids, I'm not popular and I personally think I'm also not one of the hottest people.

U: Stop, It's not funny anymore

Unknown: It's not a joke, honey

Uknown: The clock is ticking.

I put my phone away and splashed some water on my face. The room suddenly felt a lot warmer. I realised too late that I was gonna wash my make-up off this way, but that didn't matter as much anymore. With some paper hand towals I tried to wipe most of the smeared make-up away. I looked at myself in the mirror and suddenly realised Scott was still waiting on me in the restaurant. I walked out and tried to act as if nothing was wrong. But on the inside I was frantically searching for a solution for this problem.

I'm sorry I didn't update in so long. School was stressing me out and last week I was in Paris. But I'm back and summer vacation has finally begun! So hopefully I'll update more.

XX-Val