Chapter 7

"Mitch?"

"Oh hey. I was coming to see you, but realised it was a stupid idea. So I was just heading home."

"No that was not a stupid idea. Come in."

I slowly walked back in the direction of his house and eventually followed him upstairs to his room. 

"First of all, how do you know where I live?" Scott asked but it was not a serious question since he was laughing.

"Uhm, someone told me." I lied "Scott, I just need to know. Do you mean it? With the "date" and stuff?" I said looking down, afraid of the answer

"Of course I do."

Scott scooted closer to me and took my chin into his hands, so I had to look up.

"Mitch, I really like you. Believe me, I wouldn't do something stupid like that to you." 

I blushed and for a moment we just stared at each other. Scott was the one to connect our lips. We shared a long and passionate kiss, but before it could go any further I stopped it. I didn't want to make decisions I would regret later.

"Scott, I really should go. My parents are probably wondering where I am." I stood up from his bed.

"Okay, I'll lead you out then."

We walked downstairs and stopped at the front door.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said

"Wait." He suddenly said. I gave him a confused look when he ran upstairs. He came back with a dark blue sweater.

"It's way too cold outside right now to not have a jacket on. Put this on." 

I blushed and put the sweater over my head. It was way too big for me, but I honestly couldn't care about that less. 

"Thank you. That's really sweet. See you tomorrow." I gave him a peck on the lips and waved before I walked off.

When I was walking back home, I kept sniffing the sweater. It smelled just like Scott and it almost felt like he was holding me.  

Back home I immediately went upstairs to my room. I jumped on my bed and just laid there for a couple minutes. I couldn't believe Scott and I had kissed three times already. A week ago I wouldn't even dare to dream about what happened these past few days. 

I decided that I was going to make some homework before going to bed, because I was lagging behind with math. The whole time I was still wearing the sweater. 

When I went to bed I decided that I shouldn't wear Scott's sweater, because it would be too hot. But that didn't stop me from staring at it until I fell asleep. 

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face. I got out of bed, showered and put some clothes on. I was wearing some black pants and of course Scott's sweater from the night before. It still smelled like him. After that I grabbed my book bag and walked downstairs.

"Morning mom, morning dad."

"Good morning son." My dad said from behind his newspaper

I grabbed an apple and a cup of coffee and sat down next to my mom.

"New sweater?" My mom asked me with a questioning glance.

"Yes" 

"Isn't it a little bit too big for you?"

"Yes"

My mom gave me a weird look, but went back to what she was doing.

I came across Kirstie on the way to school and she said the exact same thing as my mother.

"Listen, I got it from Scott last night. He didn't want me to get cold on the way home."

"Awh, that's so cute!"

"I know right."

"Wait. You were at his house?"

"Yes, but don't get things in your head Maldonado!" I said laughing at her.

We departed ways at school, cause I had math first period and she had science. Before my math class I went to my locker and saw to my surprise a sticky note stuck on the inside. It said:

Hey Mitchy, I made a dinner reservation for tonight at 7.

Are you okay with that? -S

PS: You can keep the sweater ;)

I immediately felt those butterflies again. I wonder who gave him my locker code though and because I had a feeling it was Kirstie I texted her first.

U: Kirst, did you give Scott my locker code?

Kirstie: ......Maybe

U: haha, I knew it! no worries girl

Kirstie: What was it for though?

U: Something

After that I went offline and walked to my first class of the day: math.