16: Ferris Wheels and Fish Cakes

Jackson

As we sit on the ride, Luna stares out the window, looking completely, utterly content. There's a hint of a smile playing on her lips, a look of happiness in her eyes, like everything has just... clicked into place.
"So? How do you like it?"
I look around at the view. "It's beautiful up here.. I like it."
"Good. So where do you want to go next?"
"Leave that to me."

"The Han River?"
"A special place on the Han River, thank you. No come on, we'll miss it."
I drag her to the vendor that sells my favorite fish cakes.
"I came here after practice every Thursday and got some, and he's only around on certain days."
I order for us both and pay, much to her objection, but I argued that she paid for my ferris wheel ticket, so it wasn't a big deal.
"Here, try. I guarantee this will be the best fish cake you've ever had." I wave the skewer in front of her face.
She rolls her eyes and takes the fish cake from me, taking a bite. Her eyes widen in awe.
"This is so good!"
"Told you." I give her a cocky little smirk, and she gives my face a little shove in the opposite direction.
"Shut it, Wang."
I laugh. "So, I guess we're okay now, right?"
She visibly ponders this, then eventually nods. "You bought me food, we're all good."
"Now I know how to steal your heart, we should go out to dinner my treat." I lean in closer to her, brushing my arm against hers.
"Jackson, no loitering, there are customers." The vendor shoos us off.
"Mianhae, Ajusshi. We'll be going now, kamsamnida.." I slide off the ledge and grab Luna's hand, pulling her away from the stand.

Luna

His hand in mine reminds me of the times where that was normal. When his body heat was something I was used to, not some foreign sensation. When times were simpler.
It also reminds me of the arguments, the confrontations, the problems we had.
One half wants me to remember that, the other half wants me to remember the positives.
Jackson knocks me out of my thoughts when he asks, "what should we do next?"
"Oh, um.."
"I've interrupted something, haven't I?"
"No! No, you haven't, I'm just... I was just thinking, that's all. Maybe we should-" my phone rings, cutting off my suggestion. I reach into my bag to grab my phone.
I answer the call to hear JYP's voice on the other end. "Luna, GOT7 practice starts soon, I need him back at the JYP building, please."
I sigh. "No problem, bossman."
"Stop calling me that. I'll see you later."
"Bye." I end the call. "JYP wants you back at the building. Your practice starts soon, supposedly."
"But I'm not supposed to have practice today.."
"I don't know, Jackson. He just asked me go get you back."
He sighs, running his hand through his thick, dark hair, it standing on end as he does so. "Fine. Let's go."

"I had fun today." Jackson paces a few steps in front of me.
"I did, too."
"Really?" His head shoots up.
"Now, don't get too excited. I just had fun, that's all."
"Right, I know that," he says, even though a subtle smile still plays at his lips.
I roll my eyes. "Well, I'll see you when I see you. Bye."
"Bye." He waves at me a little less spasticly than normal, and I wave back.
Today was a good day...