Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

“Why is the witch sleeping on your couch, Gabriel?” A deep voice, similar to Gabriel’s, filled the room, causing me to stir slightly. I whimpered and rolled over, only to land on the floor next to the couch. Grunting, I just laid there. I hadn’t mustered up the energy to move any more than I already had. “Gabriel!”

There was stirring within the room, and my attention snapped to the footsteps that couldn’t have been more than a few feet away from me. “Shut up, Gavin, you will wake her.” My entire body warmed at the sound of Gabriel’s voice. I quickly scolded myself, forgetting that I could never have anything with him. The supernatural laws would not allow any pairing that could bring forth a hybrid child. It was just one way that the world tried to keep everything in order.

“Who cares if I wake the damn bitch?” The other man, Gavin snarled. I slowly raised my head, letting my eyes wander to the man. His eyes snapped to mine and then narrowed into angry slits. “You. You cast a spell on my father! What did you do to him?”

I flinched at the volume of his voice, looking to Gabriel for help. “I… I bound him to me so that he would live. That is all.” Gavin stalked toward me and Gabriel stepped in front of me as if to protect me.

“Move, Gabriel.” Gavin snarled, his entire body beginning to quake like a leaf. I swallowed nervously, pushing up onto my feet and standing should I have to protect myself. My eyes landed on his, gasping as the silver irises began to swirl slightly and a deep growl escaped his lips. “Mine.” He suddenly shook his head and stumbled backwards. “Wait, no!”

My body moved forward, pressing against Gabriel as I watched Gavin, trying to make my way toward him. “Mine.” I whispered, tingling all over. Gabriel stiffened in front of me and a deep growl escaped his lips. I hesitated, my heart being torn in two different directions. My arms snaked around Gabriel’s waist, but my eyes stayed locked on Gavin.

“Talia? What is going on?” Gabriel asked, keeping my arms wrapped tightly around him. I whimpered and watched as Gavin stared back at us with wide silver eyes. “Gavin, I swear if you keep looking at her like that I will rip your throat out.”

I flinched at the tone of Gabriel’s voice, eyes widening slightly. My heart raced in my chest and my hands shook slightly in their place on Gabriel’s waist. “Gabriel, what have you done? You do realize that you will be executed for this, right?”

“What do you mean? Why will he be executed?” I asked, pulling my arms away from Gabriel. I stepped around him so that I could look at both Gabriel and Gavin at the same time. “We haven’t done anything that would get him in trouble.”

Gavin wrinkled his nose and scoffed. “So you are telling me that you are in his shirt, in his house, and you didn’t have sex?”

“That is exactly what she is saying.” Gabriel growled, hands clenching at his sides. “I have not had sex with Talia, nor will we have sex. We all know what would happen if we were to have sex.” I swallowed hard and looked between the two of them, body burning slightly. I watched as Gabriel inhaled, and his eyes snapped in my direction. “God damn it, quit throwing your scent at me.”