Chapter Twenty One

21 | T O B I A S

21 | T O B I A S

_____________________

2  Y E A R S

"Ace, do you wanna wake mama up together?" I asked my two year old daughter.

"Yeah!" She exclaimed in excitement.

"Come on." I lifted her up in my arms and walked towards our bedroom where Tris lies on the bed, asleep.

I put her down on the bed and let her crawl to her mom.

"Tris, wake up." I shook her gently. No reply.

"Mama! Mama! Wake up!" Ace shook her.

"Five more minutes." Tris mumbled.

"Mama! Dwon't bwe wazy!" She pouted.

"Is that my baby?" Tris let out a sleepy smile, opening her arms out.

Aquilla immediately jumped into her arms and giggled. I smiled at both of them, glad that they are together and happy.

"Initiates." I said to Tris.

"Ugh!" Tris complained, "I just wanna be with my baby girl!"

"Come on, Tris." I said.

"NOO!" She whined.

"Baby, please. I'll let you have all the Dauntless cake that you want." I offered.

"Fine. But I don't want to get up." She grumbled unhappily.

"Why, mama?" Ace asked her.

"Ace, mama and daddy has to go to work today. There will be people from other places that we need to teach how to fight." Tris explained.

"Wike throw the knwife?" She asked curiously.

When she was one years old, we were teaching the initiates how to throw knives when she just ran shouting, "DADDY!" followed by Uriah, Zeke and Shauna. She was running across the area where the knives are flying to the board. I ran to her and shouted for the initiates to stop throwing. She got a cut at her arm and I freaked out like crazy. I mean, your one year old daughter just got a cut! She, of course didn't cry, just a bit teary eyed but just stared at it curiously.

"Yes, like that." I replied to her.

She was silent for a few moments, thinking about it.