chapter-1-mary

A/N

Before I start the story yes I know death is not a God to some people.

I just wanted to make this story a little interesting but I hope you enjoy it.

I don't want to offend anyone's religious beliefs but I would be really happy if you like the story.

I also rewrote the story into something better and something that makes more sense now that I am older. I appreciate the read and the support that people give me. It helps me become inspired again to finish my stories and make a better story for you to read.

___________________________

------------------------------------

"May your soul be passed to a greater place. May your body be put to rest in this world. Mary, it was the best watching you grow and learn" I kissed the old dying woman forehead. I felt a tear left my eye. I looked up at the faceless hooded man on the other side of the hospital bed. I looked at him as he wiped down his scythe.

I slowly rose away from Mary and stared at the reaper. "please do it as soft as possible "I said to the reaper. He suddenly stood up, leaning on the wall he was now towering over me. I was getting a little scared but who wouldn't if they were right in front of the God of death. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me but he was looking my way. He raised his scythe and slammed it down with great force. The scythe impaled her to the neck down. He removed the scythe and followed came her soul. I smiled at the pure ball in front of us he grabbed the soul with his free and placed it inside the robe he had on. I tense when he walked over to me. I didn't dare move.

"Next time you dare talk to a God in that way I will not hesitate to tear off those wings of yours with this scythe then drop you down to hell. A God should never be questioned or told what to do" he said. His voice sounded so cold and distance.... literally..... I got down on my knees and placed my head on the floor also.

"I'm sorry my error will not happen again. "I whispered. I saw his feet leave the room.

I sat back on the heel of my foot and wiped the sweat off my face. This had to be the 27 times I disrespected someone higher than me. I sighed.

Not good if Mark finds out about it I'll probably get in great trouble. Mark is an Angel guard. I was once a guard but me being 5,4 male people pushed passed me. I lost the job quickly and was very depressed. So I started being a guardian angel but now I'm even more depressed than before.

Rather them watching over angels. I watch people. Kind of sitting on the sidelines of a person's life. For the most part, I think I'm getting better at the whole guardian thing. When I see my host doing something I wouldn't do I would start knocking down random items around her. But the thing was after like 5 times of doing the same thing she thought I was some type of demon haunting her. Ironic honestly.

Now instead of me stopping and making her thinking, I was gone. When she and her friends thought it was a good idea to play on an ouija board, I had my fun. I spelled out the word angel but they took it as the devil because she was an angel once. After that, I gave if that method of type to guide her.

I resorted to yelling as loud as I could in her ear, knowing she couldn't hear me but it didn't hurt to try.

I got to my feet and ran open the huge window. I take one last glance at Mary and walked through the wall not caring to open the window.

I started to fall quickly so I let my wings carry me. Mary...........

___________________________________

----------------------------------------------

"Mary.......m-Mary........." I continue to cry at my best friend's lap. Hanna. She was also a guardian angel like me so she knew how I felt. " she was s-so full of life why....."

"Apparently not," she said quickly. I cried harder. "Shit- I'm mean shoot. She probably somewhere here in heaven happy. When she was alive where did she work at." She smiled at me and rubbed my head.

"S-she sold drugs but she never sold to anyone under 16" I sniffed and looked up to Hanna. "That has to mean something right? Like she cared?" Her eyes widened and her mouth hung open. I let out a cry/sob and moved my hand to close it but she smacked it away.

She grabbed my face with both hands and stared at me. "Adam that's still not good!............ Adam please take on an easier job and read the profile first." I pout and rolled off her. Reading the profile takes forever. But I should look at the job openings because I really need the points. Instead of money, we have points to do stuff like buying clothes furniture food even homes. We are all given a small house when we come to heaven but if you want a bigger house, you have to work for it. I think it God's way of keeping us active to work for want we want even after death...

I sit upwards and stretched. "That reminds me, Adam, how old were you when you passed because you look way younger than other guardians," she said while getting up. My eyes followed her movements and I just laughed.

"I died on my 17 birthday," I said kicking my feet. "I hate it because I'm stuck looking like a baby forever" she let out a quiet laugh and walked into the kitchen. I'm supposed to be 26 right now but I died so I'm stuck like this. Forever.

Something tapped my shoulder I looked over and saw Hanna holding a beer bottle. My eyes widen as I quickly turned to her taking the bottle. " where did you find this?" The only way to get liquor in heaven was to get passed, Mark.

There was no written law but Mark thought it might cause problems so he made it banded, the will to have liquor.

"Well you see that I cannot tell you," she said laughing. I rolled my eyes and opened the bottle. I brought the bottle to my lip but stopped when Hanna yelled out to me " don't you dare get too drunk, handle your damn liquor Adam" me?........ not able to hold my liquor. They should call me the king of liquor I never get drunk easily. I stood up from the couch but she was still taller than me so I stepped on the couch. We were now eye to eye. I grabbed her shoulders pushing her below me.

"Hanna when I even not been able to hold my liquor," I said with a bright smile.

She looked at me with a bored expression. "Every time Adam" I was shocked to see no lie in her eyes. I let go of her shoulders and fell back on the couch. She laughed.

"Stop making me sadder then I'm already am," I said while bringing the bottle next to my lips. I held on to it like it was my last life source. There was an upside to being a guardian angel. The person you watch over can be any age. The profile we are meant to read has their past in it. I took care of Mary for 4 months and only read a paragraph about her. Poor Mary became a drug dealer after her brother left her with nothing and ran away with his girlfriend at the time. I couldn't leave her after that since her parents were also out of the picture.

When I told Hanna that story she smacks me in the back of my head then walks away calling me stupid for taking the job since she believed that I was 'inexperienced'.

Hanna in everyone's eyes was the best she's been in this field longer than I have. Hanna's current host was a little girl, Fain. From what I heard she was pretty bright and happy. She was privileged with a healthy family and carrying friends. Her life was so good that I envied her. I envied Hanna for being with her.

Maybe this job isn't for me. But honestly what was. Something has to give soon because I'm desperately looking for where I belong.