chapter-2-quitting

"Ugh" A headache pulsed through my head. I growled to myself groaning as the pain got worse.

Hanna... where's Hanna? I tried to push myself up but couldn't move. I looked around the room and it.... Was.... trashed. I groan and looked around again trying to remember last night. "I can handle my liquor," a mocking voice said. I looked over to the doorway. Hanna looked just as trashed as me.

"What happened?" I groaned at the brightness of the lights.

"We after your third beer. We went exploring in the kitchen and found my emergency stash of Hennessy. After one sip of that, you were gone." she limped over to her bed and fell against it. Mumbling again she said "you took out your wings and trashed my house.

"Ok..... but what time is it," I said while looking for my other shoe. I turned around and it was next to Hanna's hand.

"Almost 2 why...." I rolled my eyes. I quickly grabbed my shoe.

"Quitting," I said with a smile and turned away. She rolled her eyes and waved me off. I started to run out of the room and stopped at the doorway. "Sorry about the room, love ya" I didn't hear what she said next but I didn't stop. I pushed by the front door and ran across the grass. While running I took out my wing and pushed myself off the ground. I yelp when I almost hit someone. They glared at me. " Sorry" I yelled back going the other way.

___________________________

-------------------------------------

"Emily!" I yelled from above. I saw people looking at me. I saw Emily look around the up. I wave down then saw some kids wave back to me. I land down without falling and looked up at Emily and smile.

I lightly jogged over to the table she was at. She grinned and started to write again. I leaned over the table and place my guardian angel license on it. Yes, we have those. Her eyes looked up to me. She placed her pen down and sat back.

"Are you sure?" She said. I smiled and nodded. I got up and walked behind the desk. I sat behind her chair on the floor. Then grabbed the binder that was in front of me. I knew it was the open job binder so Emily was going to let me open it.

I opened it and started to read it. Emily looked back at me and grinned "maybe you should take on a human job." She said making me turn around. Was she kidding? I turned back around. I guess I could waste time with it. I push myself onto my feet and started to head out from behind her. "Oh..... Adam, Mark is looking for you so be careful. "she said I rolled my eyes. When wasn't he? Just as I was about it to take off I heard yelling behind me. My head snapped back to see Mark running towards me. I groan and started running if I was flying he would have definitely caught me. My flying skills are not the best of the best.

"ADAM STOP RIGHT NOW!" I heard Mark yell. I looked back at him like he was crazy. I started to run faster. Hands wrapped around my ankle making me fall headfirst onto the floor. I wrapped my wings around me last second protecting me from the fall. I looked down at the hand on my ankle to see Mark grinning.

I rolled my eyes and tried to shake him off my leg but he had a death hold on me. "Wait! I need your help....." I stopped moving and stared at him.

"What," I said quickly.

" I need you to work at our lord's house," he said. My eyes widen. Me..... work there....... I started to laugh he pulling a prank on me. He shook his head already knowing what I'm thinking. "Oh, my........ are you turning down the service of your lord." I glared at him and felt myself starting to sweat.

"I'll do it," I said through gritted teeth. I don't need to be in any more trouble.

"Great," he said then grabbed my hand taking us both into the air. The sudden movement made me scream. I gripped tighter on Marks's hand " shut up....... you think I would drop you I need you for this." I glared up at him

" why me?" I yelled up to him. He looked down at me then straight forward.

"I person that was supposed to work today when missing just like the others..... " both of us didn't say a word after that. Recently angels have been disappearing. I heard rumors lately about angels running away but I heard other rumors about demons taking them. We were all told to be careful and after work return home safely. I guess I really never thought of it. Because rumors are not always true.

But there was a possibility that angels are being converted to demons because not that long ago there was an attack. Some demon broke into heaven and had an open attack on some angels and corrupted their innocence into something dark and dangerous.

We were finally arriving and I had to say this place was amazing. The walls were covered with gold. The stairs were the whitest color I've ever seen. And this is just the outside! The place looks huge. I felt like an ant in a Barbie house. Maybe I'll see the Lord today. Not many Angels have seen the Lord.

"Adam, I'm giving you a rule... please, and I can't say this enough.... please! don't disrespect anyone" he said making me roll my eyes. In my opinion, I don't disrespect anyone. I bring out my wings tired of him carrying me around. So I start flying on my own following him. Of course, he's faster than me so I tried to take a deep breath as I try to catch up with him. He probably knows he's doing it. Jerk.

"What is the place like?" I said looking over the grounds. It didn't seem like anyone was outside. The place of absolutely perfect. The grass, the water, the color. Nothing ceased my amazement.

"angels that usually work here are trained for years into perfection. But since we're on short notice you will have to do" I glared at him but said nothing when he continued. "but I am serious Adam these angels don't take kindly to people who don't take their job seriously. This is only for one day so try your best and I'm not saying that as a taunting gesture but as a kind warning"

" you're kind of making me not want to do this job...," I said getting nervous.

He lands on the ground ahead so I follow him. The smell here is amazing. "well don't you think it's a little too late for that. But anyway you're going to do it because you get paid the salary of a regular house caregiver for a day".

My eyes widened. This was the job where they make the most at. It's just the training that people really don't want to do.

But you beat the view here, it's hypnotizing.......

Amazing.....